Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all:
I used to have a '90 Mustang GT, but the electrics in it failed to the point that I had to part it out.

Ever since I have been wanting another project car. My son just upgraded to the 2011 Mustang V6, and he sold me his 2000 Mustang V6.

I want to drop a older 5.0 in the 2K stang. I have a T-5Z I didn't part with, and the engine I am getting will come with pplate, clutch and bell housing to match the T-5Z. Already have a limited slip rearend in the car from a 2004 GT.

There's all kinds of levels of questions I have, but since the 5.0 I'm getting is roller rocker stock with efi (E7) heads, I am curious what it takes to put Aftermarket ignition system on the 5.0. This would eliminate me trying to match up the harness / ECU with the engine.

Would love some pointers on how to do this. Articles would be great as well.

Thanks,

D

·
Registered
575 Posts
i would say the easiest thing to do is buy a running donor car and swap everything needed over. some custom modifications will need to obviously be done with dropping the 5.0 in place of a V6. I'll let someone with more experience walk you through that though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts