Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my stang for two and a half years and all my windows and some of the body is covered in hard water spots.I need to know what will get the hard water spots off.Please help!!!

·
Super Moderator
40,151 Posts
i suggest trying claybar,it should remove them.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I had some spots on my car and i claybar it, then throw a nice coat of wax on it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive tried everythang except the claybar so i hope that will get it..

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Ive tried everythang except the claybar so i hope that will get it..
The clay bar will get your spots off. That thing is the miracle cure for just about everything.:gringreen

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I just bought a Mother's Claybar kit and was shocked and the SMALL SIZE of two bars in the pack. It could fit in my wallet. WUWT? It would take a long day to rub my car down with the gummie worm size claybars...

G

·
I just bought a Mother's Claybar kit and was shocked and the SMALL SIZE of two bars in the pack. It could fit in my wallet. WUWT? It would take a long day to rub my car down with the gummie worm size claybars...
That's funny! I thought the same thing - but it really does go quickly!! :hihi:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dude if that clay bar gets tha spots off my car i will be the happiest person in the world!The ones on my windshield are so bad that i can barely see when lights hit it..

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
My neighbor just bought one also. I was not impressed with that. By the time that he was done with it the bar was so sticky it was breaking apart. :headscratch:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
My neighbor just bought one also. I was not impressed with that. By the time that he was done with it the bar was so sticky it was breaking apart. :headscratch:
I just used the Meguiar's clay bar for the first time yesterday. I don't understand why your neighbor had a problem. It worked great for me. I kept rekneading it as I went along. It's supposed to be sticky; that's the premise upon which it works. It doesn't "stick" to the car though if you use plenty of detailer spray.
And although the bar does appear to be small, it didn't take me very long at all. I think it took longer to wax the car afterward.
If you try it, I hope you have a better experience than your neighbor did.

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
I just used the Meguiar's clay bar for the first time yesterday. I don't understand why your neighbor had a problem. It worked great for me. I kept rekneading it as I went along. It's supposed to be sticky; that's the premise upon which it works. It doesn't "stick" to the car though if you use plenty of detailer spray.
And although the bar does appear to be small, it didn't take me very long at all. I think it took longer to wax the car afterward.
If you try it, I hope you have a better experience than your neighbor did.
Well lets just say it got so sticky it was leaving pieces of it on his car. It worked but the bar is so small I could not believe it. I use Adams Products and the Clay bar that they give you is a pretty good piece of clay and I have never had what happened to him happen to me. Maybe he got a bad one or something but needless to say I was not impressed by the size of the clay bar itself.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So is the meguairs and mothers clay bar both small?

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
I know the Mcguires is small. Do not know about the Mothers though.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I'll post a pic of mine asap.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok thanx.I dont really matter how small it is to me just as long as it gets spots off..

·
Registered
231 Posts
ACDC's right. Don't use a clay bar without the lubricant spray - ever. And yes, the bar is small but it forces you to pay attention to what you're doing, thereby taking your time. It's not a process to be rushed and the payoffs for doing it right are well worth the elbow grease. One of those small bars should do your car a couple of times over too, if used correctly.

And whatever you do, don't drop it on the ground!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
"Well lets just say it got so sticky it was leaving pieces of it on his car...."
That's a sure sign that there was not enough lubricant on the surface of the paint. When the clay starts sticking to the surface you have to spray more lubricant. The clay bar just removes impurities sitting on the surface of the paint so it's unnecessary to "bear down" hard when you use it. (I use about the same pressure I would if I were cleaning off supper dishes with a sponge).

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
That's a sure sign that there was not enough lubricant on the surface of the paint. When the clay starts sticking to the surface you have to spray more lubricant. The clay bar just removes impurities sitting on the surface of the paint so it's unnecessary to "bear down" hard when you use it. (I use about the same pressure I would if I were cleaning off supper dishes with a sponge).
Well that is what I had thought but I did it and put more spray on it and it did the same thing. He may have just gotten a bad one or something.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am glad I read the posts here. I am going to purchase a claybar and try it on my car. Hopefully it will remove the waterspots I have.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.