Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '96 GT and the headlight lenses are cloudy and fogged. It looks like the cloudiness is on the inside but I can't figure out how to remove them from the car to clean them from the inside. Already did a search, but came up with nothing. Any help with this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
the cloudy look is actually oxidation of the headlight lense.. you can try to clean it all day but it wont get much better.. you could either sand some of the top layer off (which i wouldnt recommend, so many things could go wrong) or just order new ones. thank the suns UV rays for this:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
its kinda complicated to take them out. what you have to do is....

unbolt the corner light and take it off/move it out of the way
on the headlamp, it mounts to the black pannel in 3 locations:
2 will be right next to the corner lamp, the top one has a small clip that you need to remove in order to losen it. the bottom one will require you to get a phillips screwdriver and un-screw it.
the 3rd place is the hardest, in my opinion. it is located in on the oposite side of the lamp, and i really couldnt figure out how to take that one off. when i took the headlights off the 1st time, i actually managed to break off a piece of the headlight and now it just slides on and off.

good luck with taking them off and fixing them, i gave up trying to clean them up and just went ahead and bought the clear headlights.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Tinkering with the inside of the lens will scrath it and it won't prism the light like it was designed to, you should follow these guys advice and just buy new ones.

·
Registered
499 Posts
polishing the outsides works for a while and is a cheaper alternative to buying new ones. i do it everynow and then. even the new headlights will do this overtime

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.