Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all may know I have the 2013 v6, but I was wondering if I run some type of subs how would I go about getting them put in? I know I can take them to a good friend of mine who specializes in subs, but another buddy of mine said when he went to see about putting some in they told him they have to take an old shaker system out and put it I'm because you can't run an aftermarket radio in the new ones? Any advice or what have you guys done about this?

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Subs with the factory deck require a low level line converter.

Any aftermarket stereo will fit in here, but requires a pricey replacement console (~$300).

I'm running a shallow mount 12" DVC sub in a thunderform box that fits in the corner of my trunk. It's about perfect for what I want.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Use this write up, I've done two stangs this way. You can just use an amp that has the line converter built in

The frist one, I went from the factory sub amp, the secod one, I went from the right rear speaker, much easier, but the first way is better

2012 Mustang Shaker 500 Add A Sub Install - www.Evilcartman.com

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
That's a very nice writeup!!!

I put my bass gain control one one of the removable squares in the center console, put my amp in the driver side rear fender (similar to the sub but opposite side), ran my wires inside the car (through trim and rear seatbelt areas, following the main wire harness down the driver side and installed a manual circuit breaker near the battery (in case I ever want to enter in a competition).

Many ways to do a system! I rather like your amp rack Nibis. I may relocate mine and make something similar.

G

·
0 Posts
I run two subs, two amps, and some NOS in my setup. It's tite.:nogrinner

Sorry for not being helpful.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I run two subs, two amps, and some NOS in my setup. It's tite.:nogrinner

Sorry for not being helpful.
This is fantastic. :yelpleased:

"How extremely practical people mod their cars."

It looks like your box is a bit small for your subs.

G

·
0 Posts
This is fantastic. :yelpleased:

"How extremely practical people mod their cars."

It looks like your box is a bit small for your subs.

Enclosures are so yesteryear. Now it's all about free-float.:lit_up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts