Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When setting the timing is there anything I need to disconnect on the distributor? thats my main question and also anything between 12-14 is good right? Also!, and pictorials onhow to do it would be great. thanks guys

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
When setting the timing is there anything I need to disconnect on the distributor? thats my main question and also anything between 12-14 is good right? Also!, and pictorials onhow to do it would be great. thanks guys

Yes. You'll need to pull the spout connector off, set the timing and then hook the spout back up. It is the 2 wire connector at the distributor.
Depending on your mods and motor, the timing will vary. 12-14 is a good baseline. If I were you, I'd look up EagleAutoSports here and ask him. He is one of the mods and has a wealth of information floating around in his head.:hihi:

Richard
Tech Support
Tremec TKO Transmission Systems

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
:happyhapp Hey now...

You disconnect the spout connector that's inline the harness that leads to the distributor. Just unplug it. Then adjust the timing, some cars like upwards of 18, some don't like anything over 10. Try 13-14 degrees and if you hear any rattling or noise that sounds like rocks in a coffee can, back the timing down a degree at the time till it goes away, then plug the spout back in.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mods do make the difference. I'm running almost 18 degrees right now with no detonation. I will have to back down it down though due to the installation of turbos.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys. I went a head and did it, and it seemed to run best at 14* so thats were i left it.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
i read you get more torque the lower it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.