Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, lets just say you got into a situation where you came out big with 10 g's what would you do to a stock mustang gt or v6?

2010 Mustang Gt

I would go with Kenne Bell stage 2 supercharger -$6300 + $900 ( install ) = $7200

3.73 gears and install $600 ( give or take ) = $600

Upper and rear lower contorl arms = $285

2010 Saleen hood + paint and prep = $1700

Hurst throw shifter = $215

Total = $10010 Im pretty sure Id have a spare $10 around somewhere, ha ha

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
If you must have that pricy blower it will be nice, but you could save a ton. There is a blower kit a member is producing and for about 5k maby 6k installed and make 500hp or as much as you think you can push the stock block.

Gt500 blower kit with the works 6k or so installed less if you can do some leg work and buy some parts on the cheap. And that six 6k is a high amount if you do most of the buying yourself the kit can be put together for 3500 or bare bones.

There are even alot of other blower kits out there that dont run as deep in the pokets as the kenny bell. And unless you plan a forged block (extra 10K) you dont need that huge blower.

Skip the gears for now, you might find the stock is tall enough once you get all that power.

Control arms awsome.

Shifter great.

So for 6500 possibly 5500 or so you could do alot, and still have 3500-4500 for that hood and a couple other things. Just a thought.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"There is a blower kit a member is producing and for about 5k maby 6k installed and make 500hp or as much as you think you can push the stock block."

Who might this be and when would it be done? It would cost less to buy each part yourself? I have ben doing some research over these superchargers and Im seeing a average of $5800-$6400. Maybe Im looking on the wrong sites. Lethal Performance, American Muscle, CJ Pony parts, Brenspeed ( seem to be cheapest ), and Stage 3 Motorsports. I found a couple on Summit they were the Vortech and Paxton but @ $5000 it seemed a little suspicious. There are so many choices, lol!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-talk/218898-will-gt500-supercharger-fit-4-6-gt.html

Procharger is the same a vortech, and they are great blowers no matter were you get them. The power band is just slightly different than a roots or top style charger.

You just have to shop around and see who has what on sale, also used blowers are to be found for a deal every where, and really most are safe buys as not too much can go wrong with most and they are easy to check out. Need to check some classifieds.

·
Registered
784 Posts
well if i had 10k to blow on the car i have now id get

street radials

Pro-Charger

drag suspension

·
Registered
777 Posts
Well if I just got 10k and had a v6 I would sell the v6 and by a used 05-09 GT. Other then that I would get a eforce supercharger.

·
Registered
781 Posts
enthusiastically changing WHIPPLE WHIPPLE... but yea i might be bias unless u want big big power down the line a KB is overkill. get an exhaust system with some nice headers throw a blower on and have fun going fast.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Personally, I'd take the 10 Gs down to an auto auction and come a way with a late 60s early 70s muscle car. Stang, Mopar, Chevy, wouldn't matter. Just something sweet.

If I would spend it on my car, I'd go with a Saleen S/C or an M90 rousch (I know there lots with more power)and have the stripes painted on:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
So, lets just say you got into a situation where you came out big with 10 g's what would you do to a stock mustang gt or v6?

2010 Mustang Gt

I would go with Kenne Bell stage 2 supercharger -$6300 + $900 ( install ) = $7200

3.73 gears and install $600 ( give or take ) = $600

Upper and rear lower contorl arms = $285

2010 Saleen hood + paint and prep = $1700

Hurst throw shifter = $215

Total = $10010 Im pretty sure Id have a spare $10 around somewhere, ha ha

HaHa!!! You're the one that stole that 10 Gs from me:laugh::gringreen:winks

·
Registered
550 Posts
I would put the 10k in the bank for a rainy day :shigrin I don't see the purpose for a S/C unless you go to the track alot. I do alot of driving in the city and highways which the speed limits are 65mph and under. I just don't see spending that kind of money to get up to 45mph in 1st or 2nd gear lol That's just my opinion so be easy on me :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
This is what I would probably do for my own car. Starting with a stock GT, I would like do the following:

SCT Tuner - $300
GT500 Supercharger - $4000 (install myself)
Upgraded handling using Sqidd's recommended GT500 based kit - $600
3.73 Rear Gears - $600
Wheels & Tires - $1200
Adj Uppr Control Arm - $180
Lower Control Arms - $130
Adj Panhard Bar - $140
K-Member Brace - $200
FRPP Axleback Mufflers - $400
California Special front and rear bumpers - $1100 (just a guess for parts, paint and install)
Cervini's C-series hood - $600 (again a guess on the hood painted)
Vinyl Stripes - $300
2010 Seat Covers - $400

Total ~ $10100

I didn't really look up any prices on any of this. I just went off the top of my head, so I may be off on some things. I'm guessing it comes in at just over $10K. I know for me, I could do much of the work myself. I probalby would have someone do the gears, and the paint, but I could install everything else on my own.

I also could substitue the hood for better brakes if I wanted to. That might be a smarter upgrade. I could always do the hood later.

Considering a 2005-2009 mustang can be had for under $20K, you can get a lot out of a 2005-2009 for less then the price of a new 2011+ Mustang GT.

·
Registered
9,667 Posts
If I had $10K to blow on my stang, the Saleen supercharger would be at the top of my list (if I wanted to save money I would go with Sqidd's new set-up and do it myself, but for efficiency and ease and warranty I'd go with the Saleen installed by Brenspeed)

since the 2010 is still under warranty that is a consideration

Or maybe the E-force, also installed by Brenspeed; but I'm told the Saleen is practically the same design and is more consistent in terms of boost and HP produced at RPM

·
Registered
430 Posts
I got to be honest here, if I wound up with 10K I probably wouldn't spend it on my car (student loans, car payment, and credit cards to pay).

But if I did spend it on the car,

-Procharger P1SC Stage 2 $5700
-C&L intake manifold $800
-Kooks long tube headers and catted X combo $1300
-Installation and misc. parts $2200

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
trade car and cash for GT500, yeah it might be a 2007, but lots of them out there now.

·
Registered
377 Posts
My list:

Whipple/FRPP 550hp supercharger - $6800

Borla Xr-1 Headers and x-pipe - $1200

Borla Stingers axlebacks - $550

$1450 for installation and suspension parts.

The sad thing is that I would need a lot more than $10k in order to do the supercharger install correctly with forged internals, otherwise it would only last me about a month before the whole thing erupted.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Supercharger, hurst short throw, eibach pro kit lowering springs, gt500 spoiler, headers, full exhaust, brembos. Can I do that all for $10k?

Body mods only = full GT500 body kit w/ KR hook, 20" alcoa rims, eibach pro kit lowering springs, brembos.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I got to be honest here, if I wound up with 10K I probably wouldn't spend it on my car (student loans, car payment, and credit cards to pay).

But if I did spend it on the car,

-Procharger P1SC Stage 2 $5700
-C&L intake manifold $800
-Kooks long tube headers and catted X combo $1300
-Installation and misc. parts $2200
i guess you could be responsible with the money but... come on...:nogrinner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts