Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a little "new" to the IIs but not Mustangs. Our herd consist of a 70 mach,73 mach,03 Mach. I always like the 74-78 stangs but never found one in my area that wasn't beat to death or rusted out untill a few days ago. Now I have a 78 mach (very rough but a good parts car) and a 78 cobra or king cobra.

The car in question has the 03 in the vin not 05 like a mach would have.It has the king cobra front air dam that was in the back of car but the front fenders have been replace.So the air dam might have been added.

It has a cobra in the grill but it may have came off the same car as the fenders and air dam did.

It has a T-Top roof and the vinyl strip that goes up the sides and across the roof. Also has Cobra emblems on the same vinyl strip.

So I guess my question really is. How do I tell what I have? Thanks for any help. Jace

·
Registered
457 Posts
if you had a king cobra it would say 6% and premium malt liquor on the label. once you open it it should smell like bum and rotten corn. hopefully this helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pretty funny but not quite the info i was looking for. Your comment did remind me of another Ford and alcohol thing . went something like this.

"whats the word?' Thunderbird!

"whats the price?" a dollar twice!

·
Registered
457 Posts
pretty funny but not quite the info i was looking for. Your comment did remind me of another Ford and alcohol thing . went something like this.

"whats the word?' Thunderbird!

"whats the price?" a dollar twice!

hahahhahahahhahaha

man i got a hell of a story when i was drunk off thunderbird.....

check it out

it was my cousins 18th birthday and we go to see day the world ended or whatever long story short hes smokin a lil sumtin and were all drinkin thunderbird.... wel my cousin is faded n cant drive im driving on a suspended lisence.... and ugh he lost the garage parking ticket at the mall and they wanted like 26 bucks and we were broke.... im in his 91 civic lol..... so ugh we go to the secluded part of the garage with the exit you know the thing that goes up when u get a ticket my friend isaac lifts that thing up and we just mash thru it he hops in and were being chased by a security ford ranger lol.... i just floor it back to west sac mobbin acrosds the tower bridge doin like 75 lol poor dude never had a chance!!! haha but yea thats my thunderbird story... that stuff gets u drunk forreal. good luck acquiring your answer tho i have no idea about older mustangs

so what we did is

·
Registered
180 Posts
Check the buck tag on the radiator support. If it is I think a dearborn car and it has "KC" on the bucktag, then its a king. There is also another code for cars Built in san jose but I cant think of it off hand right now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help!After a little reseach. I dont have a Cobra or King Cobra.

I'm really relieved that I don"t have anything rare or of any collector vltue. It gives me a free hand to build her anyway I like without feeling guilty.

Thanks again for everyones help.I'm sure I'll be posting more questions when I really start digging into it. Jace

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.