Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07' Shelby GT 4.6. Im new when it comes to cars, but I have learned alot in the last year I have had the car and have fell in love with all of it. The day I purchesed my car I wasn't planning on buying it. I had an alternator problem with my first car, a mercury cougar 89', and I took it to the dealer to get it fixed. While I was there I saw to shelby's on the floor. One was the GT500 priced at 66k and the other wasnt priced. I then asked a salesman and he told me 25k, which sounded awsome to me concidering my sister had just bought a chrysler sebring for 40K! When I told them I was intrested in buying it the salesman got the used car manager and told me it was used car with 900 miles on it. But the price wasn't 25k it was 32. Anyways I ended up buying the car thinking it was the same as the GT500 only the 07' model. I am on the internet all the time learning new things everyday about mustangs/shelby's. From what I have gathered yes it was a ok deal but not as great as I first thought. Now everytime I see a GT500 I just hate my life knowing this car would give me the business any time of day. I have done some mods to mostly the exhaust. JBA shorty headers, custom X pipe, and roush exhaust. Other than that im getting it tuned with SCT and putting a steeda CAI in this week. I want to put a roush supercharger in it. Then a short block assembly to handle the horsepower, knowing that 450 500 HP is asking alot form a stock 4.6L engine. The reason I'm going with Roush is because, from what Im told this woln't void the warranty and Id like to keep it if possible. Now to my real question... Is there any way that I can make my Baby Shelby into an real Shelby... Or am I just asking to much of the car to think it could stand up to a GT500...

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Dude your car with a blower on it would smoke a GT500 any day of the week easily. Your stock engine can handle up to about 460rwhp safely, some people on here are running closer to 500rwhp without any problems.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am sending the car to vegas to get the sc package done to it, which they say will put 550 hp. Like you just said, I hear that's way too much HP for the engine to hold but shelby says they wouldnt do it if it did blow the engine. lol now the guys who do all my work said that they did put a whipple in a 4.6 and it did break the pistons. I guess ill just tune it to around 500 and tell them to do some other work to it while its over there, or get my guys to do it. I dont wanna mess with it to much because the value of the car with decrease with mods.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also would you recomend putting a cooling system in with the package? because thats optional...

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Yeah I would recommend an intercooler. It gets pretty hot under the hood with that supercharger. Just have it tuned properly, its all about the tune, keep it safe and you will be fine.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info man

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.