Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my Ford OEM quarter window louvers, and they come with window sized templates. There are marks on them that approximately line up with the tape positions on the louvers, but I think there is more to using them. The templates are actually a two piece peel apart material, and are labeled "tape vinyl lh ar3j m3g29 aa and ba".
I believe there must be a reason for these to have a removable paper backing. I haven't come across any information in online forums, most comments dismiss them, and advise taping them to the glass to use, or just discarding altogether. I feel like there must be a pretty good reason for Ford to include these, and would like to use them correctly for the install. Anyone know how these are meant to be applied?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Good question. Should be some instructions in the packaging.

I heard the oem ones are attached with Velcro. Did you get velcro that needs to be cut? Pictures of what you have might help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pics

Good question. Should be some instructions in the packaging.

I heard the oem ones are attached with Velcro. Did you get velcro that needs to be cut? Pictures of what you have might help.
The velcro tape is already attached to the louvers.
Here are some pics that were on another forum discussing the issue. It was never resolved there. As you can see, the instructions are rather cryptic, and the other one shows the template with it's marks and an alcohol packet lying on top.

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have purchased and installed three sets of these. Two from dg customs and latest from mmd/american muscle. None came with a template. Do these just stick on the window glass? If so, just clean with alcohol, apply adhesive promoter and stick on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts