Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I returned the vehicle back to stock before taking it in for some routine work. Took note of both my strategy code and "PCM SW ID" in my SCT Tuner before I handed her in and they were both the same after I got the car back.

I assume this means no reflash took place?

Thanks in advance folks.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Just curious as to why you would think that the dealer would mess with your PCM during routine maintenance?

And I don't think you'd be able to tell.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Not certain on these but on a previous F-150 they put a sticker on computer w/new code.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just curious as to why you would think that the dealer would mess with your PCM during routine maintenance?

And I don't think you'd be able to tell.
I was under the impression that some dealers could, at will, flash the PCM with the latest updates and whatnot.

Read a lot of past horror stories of people taking in tuned cars and the dealer reflashing the PCM without notifying the customer and the car crapping out when the owner reloads the old tune which post flash becomes incompatible with the car.

Not certain on these but on a previous F-150 they put a sticker on computer w/new code.
Will check. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
All dealers can tell IF THEY WANT TO KNOW. There's a value that gets cleared when you load an aftermarket tune that doesn't get changed back when you re-flash to stock.

With that said, unless they can prove that an aftermarket tune caused a specific problem, having a tune or evidence that your car at one point had a different tune, the dealership can't deny warranty work.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ditto here. I had my 2004 F-150 relashed due to the throttle lag issue...when I picked it up, they had put a sticker on the underside of the hood indicating PCM update with the applicable information and date. I will add that they also included it on my paperwork when I picked it up.

Good luck...hope you can get your tune back on there soon!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts