Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I got into my Mustang to just run up the street to the small store at the corner to pick up a couple of quick items. (Literally the store is less than half a mile away.) But I said let me just take a quick spin down the interstate to the next exit and double back then stop at the store....

47 miles on the odometer later I arrived at the store....lol.

Took the interstate down to Windsor Locks, CT then doubled back down the Bradley International Airport access highway and back onto the interstate....but kept going on the interstate until I reached West Springfield, MA. Stopped to fill the tank with gas since it's cheaper in MA and then tooled home, after stopping at the corner store of course :bigthumbsup

The environmmental whackos must hate me....

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Nothing like filling the tank at 2 bucks a gallon. :gringreen
Isn't your pony due to hibernate soon? :laugh:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing like filling the tank at 2 bucks a gallon. :gringreen
Isn't your pony due to hibernate soon? :laugh:
I'm trying to hold out until right before Thanksgiving....

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd just be happy to have mine back on the road. :(
What happened to yours ? Or are you having a it rebuilt from the ground up ? lol

·
Registered
748 Posts
Bah!

If you loved your car so much, you'd do what I did and move somewhere warm.

I only use the job transfer as an excuse :gringreen

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
I put nearly 200 miles on the odometer yesterday. My stang group "NJ Stangers" met up for a fall cruise. We met at the 6 brothers diner on 46, then went to exit 100 on the parkway, then down to Tom's river and ate at TGI Fridays. Then went to Seaside and walked on the boardwalk and beach. Then we drove home. Best driving i have ever done. Also the hardest i have pushed the car. i was going WOT up to 100 and chirping 3rd and i think 4th gear and even had the car sideways once or twice (in a closed parking lot under fellow stanger supervision of course :shigrin)

I got 25 MPG going 75-80. I was really happy about that :D

Attachments

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
Last night I got into my Mustang to just run up the street to the small store at the corner to pick up a couple of quick items. (Literally the store is less than half a mile away.) But I said let me just take a quick spin down the interstate to the next exit and double back then stop at the store....

I do that all the time. I just love driving the car. I work 50miles one way so I put 100miles a day when I take it to work and I've been driving it almost everyday this summer.

A few years ago I would ride my H-D to work and on the way home (7:30 am) it would take me an extra hour and around 120miles go just get home so round trip 170..

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
I feel you guys, i have been doing a little extra driving in my pony when i can. Gas by me is down to 2.39$ and im loving it!

·
Registered
365 Posts
I put nearly 200 miles on the odometer yesterday. My stang group "NJ Stangers" met up for a fall cruise. We met at the 6 brothers diner on 46, then went to exit 100 on the parkway, then down to Tom's river and ate at TGI Fridays. Then went to Seaside and walked on the boardwalk and beach. Then we drove home. Best driving i have ever done. Also the hardest i have pushed the car. i was going WOT up to 100 and chirping 3rd and i think 4th gear and even had the car sideways once or twice (in a closed parking lot under fellow stanger supervision of course :shigrin)

I got 25 MPG going 75-80. I was really happy about that :D

NICE! beautiful day for it here too! Wish I had known -- I am in NJ too!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
12,666 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Just signed up.... somehow I missed that forum!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
i love my s197... ive gotten more comments on my car in three months of ownership than i did in 4 years of owning my Audi!

And I just love driving this beast.... I mean it just feels great to get in a car and see a huge hood in front of you!

·
Registered
352 Posts
the s197 platform does get alot of attention, me and a couple friends were at a starbucks and everyone was looking at the stang,they had a dodge super bee str-8 charger and a newer vette.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh and did I mention that during my "detour" I had the new AC/DC CD cranking ?

What a great CD.....

·
Registered
1,889 Posts

[ ... ]

:bigthumbsup

The environmmental whackos must hate me....
This afternoon I turned a four-mile trip to Mr Sears' tool store into a 25-mile joy ride. Very nice.

I do that kind of thing because I enjoy the driving, and justify it on the principle that unless an engine is fully warmed up before it's shut down, unburned fuel condenses in the upper tracts and runs down cylinder walls and into the crank case (where it doesn't get heated up and boil away unless the engine gets really warmed up before it is shut down).

M

·
0 Posts
This afternoon I turned a four-mile trip to Mr Sears' tool store into a 25-mile joy ride. Very nice.
If it's a parking lot where I know I can park far, far away - I'm the one making the trips to the store!! :gringreen A 1 mile trip usually turns into a 10+ mile ride...:D:shigrin

·
Registered
154 Posts
I will miss just starting it this winter. This will be my first winter with the car. I love starting it in the morning when cold and the exhaust is nice and loud. I also like the the whole car tilting from the torque when you start it!

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
You haven't been around much. :so It's in the final stages of a supercharger installation.

HOLY SCHNIKES BATMAN.....you finally broke down and decided to supercharge....awesome. Since I have not been around here for awhile, how much horsepower are you expecting. What kind of supercharger? Sorry if these are old news questions, but I have been missing in action for awhile.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.