Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im driving today and my stang started making a weird howling noise..... it happens only when i begin to accelerate from a stop..... and only in low rpm's... also it doesnt happen all the time..... and the sound doesnt get worse as speed increases... it stops.... its not a real loud noise ... if i had the radio on low u probably couldnt hear it..... i just changed the filter .... put a K & N filter in.... i dont think thats what it is or thats what caused it.... anyone know or have/heard of this similiar sound? by the way... its a 98 v6 auto tranny
thanks

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
MylilPony said:
ok so im driving today and my stang started making a weird howling noise..... it happens only when i begin to accelerate from a stop..... and only in low rpm's... also it doesnt happen all the time..... and the sound doesnt get worse as speed increases... it stops.... its not a real loud noise ... if i had the radio on low u probably couldnt hear it..... i just changed the filter .... put a K & N filter in.... i dont think thats what it is or thats what caused it.... anyone know or have/heard of this similiar sound? by the way... its a 98 v6 auto tranny
thanks
you might hot have gotten the air box to seal right. . ..

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
those were my thoughts at first..... the car is drivin excellent though....

the frikkin filter was easy except for the sleeve thats in the fender... that things a pain in the azzz..... its ok to drive the car the next few days the way it is right?... ill check it on sat.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
MylilPony said:
those were my thoughts at first..... the car is drivin excellent though....

the frikkin filter was easy except for the sleeve thats in the fender... that things a pain in the azzz..... its ok to drive the car the next few days the way it is right?... ill check it on sat.
if you manage to suck something in through the intake, your engine is finito, kaput, done, finished, dead, dead, dead.

You want to get it fixed ASAP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.