Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
jw what the hp gains would be for a 2005 v6 with true duals, flowmaster 40 series.....anyone have any idea? thanks

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gotcha...lol i got 1 or 2....and ten.....ill go with the ten:bigthumbsup

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
Forget that idea, a v6 with duals sounds like a sick v8, get a good cold air intake and maybe a chip and tune for some real gain...

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i already have the true duals and it sounds pretty good in my opinon. im debating now whether to save for rims...tourque thrust 18's or do the cai/tune. i have the ugly standard v6 wheels...im either gonna get the gt takeoffs which look better and ill paint them black or ill save up a thousand or so and get wheels off american muscle.

·
Registered
781 Posts
CAI TUNER, u wont regret it. Wheels good to. My rims/ tires were my first mod, but theyre pricey... Was like 2.5k for rims+tires but one thing i can def say about rims. Dont cheap it out cause if u do it right the first time, u wont waste money replacing down the road due to regret.

my $.02

·
Registered
73 Posts
CAI TUNER, u wont regret it. Wheels good to. My rims/ tires were my first mod, but theyre pricey... Was like 2.5k for rims+tires but one thing i can def say about rims. Dont cheap it out cause if u do it right the first time, u wont waste money replacing down the road due to regret.

my $.02
AMEN... rims were my first mod and cost me over $2k as well. I wanted a particular look and am sooo glad i took the time to find it and paid the money to get it. I get more 1000x more "Nice Car" compliments post rims than ever before.

I have a true dual exhaust... although I can't compare it to OEM bc it was dealer installed when i purchased the car. I can say however, the sound is unmistakenly different from oem. .. and that alone is enough for me to justify the change.

On the other note.. I've been convinced the CAI is my next mod!

·
Registered
73 Posts
u feel 10 hp or hear just sound?
I had mine dealer installed when i purchased it .. so I never drove it Oem.. so to me it's just sound.. although the Ford Racing Guy said it would add 10hp easily. Not sure his rational.. probably just wanted the $700 sale.

·
Registered
781 Posts
U might feel alil more power, mainly sound and itll sound better and ull think its running faster in effect. but minimal true gains but a nessecary step for all v6's did it to my old one. Just a must do.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
The stock muffler is very restrictive. Wether you go duals or a single axleback, you probably will pick up around 10 hp. From an aftermarket single to duals, you really won't see any change. The duals do sound nice and look awesome, and that alone justifies the cost. You will feel the extra power, although 10hp isn't a huge change. And you won't regret getting wheels, they multiply the appearance of the car 10 fold. Good luck.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Not nearly as bad. Not sure why they just don't use the GT mufflers on them in the first place. :scratchchin
i agree, i like my dual gt`s on the v6. sounds pretty darn good. my guess is, the tips dont fit just right( about 1" too long which isnt so terrible) but the v6 exaust was tuned for the sound on the inside. the factory muffler has a pretty good sound inside the car, but not so much on the outside.

·
Registered
833 Posts
good question.thanks for the input!:wavey
I think Ford put a lot of work into tuning the exhaust note so maybe the GT mufflers don't sound very good on the V6?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.