Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I think this may be a case of you get what you pay for. I bought an inexpensive mod chip. It has a single function, to advance the timing 1-2 degrees and adjust air/fuel mixture to account for cold air intake. Problem is, the thing has two wires on it that I am suppose to hook up to my IAT (intake air tempeture) sensor. I confirmed that this is the same as the oxygen sensor that is located on the intake tube, just after the air filter box.

The problem is that the sensor harness has 4 wires. I suspect two are for the IAT, the other two are to detect smog related fumes.

Question is: which two wires is it, and what do I do with the other two - do I need to plug the sensor back in, without the two for the IAT or leave them out. How can the computer not make the check engine light go on if I leave them out or disconnected?

Help please. Thanks very much!

The chip I bought is this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...=7998708798&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

·
Registered
333 Posts
well I am sure you got taken for a ride on that thing you bought, but if you can;t figure it out call my dealer and personal friend Gene @ 661 212 9369..he is in santa clarita and owns "the rev shop"..he can help you most likely

Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your input. At least I didn't spend a lot. Chris, I'll call you're friend this afternoon - thanks for the referral. And appreciate everyone's straight-up answers.

Best to you all.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I think you summed it up well. You get what you pay for.
Call your dealer and check it out with them before you put it on. You wouldnt wann mess yourself up over a $25 part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts