Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys im a little lost on what i should to next. I updated one photo yesterday and i got a another pending today. so far this is my setup... 2001 v6 auto mustang, Tinted Windows, True Dual Exaust w/ Flowmaster 40's, Chrome Muffler Tips, K&N's Generation II FIPK Intake, MOTOBLUE H.O. Water Pump Pulley, and a MOTOBLUE H.O. Power Balancer Pulley Kit. Now i dont really know what i want to do next, What is you guys opinion? Thanks alot

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Nur_Stang said:
Well guys im a little lost on what i should to next. I updated one photo yesterday and i got a another pending today. so far this is my setup... 2001 v6 auto mustang, Tinted Windows, True Dual Exaust w/ Flowmaster 40's, Chrome Muffler Tips, K&N's Generation II FIPK Intake, MOTOBLUE H.O. Water Pump Pulley, and a MOTOBLUE H.O. Power Balancer Pulley Kit. Now i dont really know what i want to do next, What is you guys opinion? Thanks alot
well that depends. How far do you want to go?

Naturally Aspirated or Boosted?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I want my car to last me for along time, I plan on having it when im old. So doesnt my cars lifetime go down dramastically if its boosted? And also i am not going to be putting on a 4,000 dollar supercharger, I willing to put around 2,000 dollars more into my car but i dont want to buy anything used. "Lots say buy used supercharger off ebay" uhh no thanks. What else could i put into it to make it faster because all of my upgrades have only made slight improvements to the quickness of it. Thanks alot

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Nur_Stang said:
Well, I want my car to last me for along time, I plan on having it when im old. So doesnt my cars lifetime go down dramastically if its boosted? And also i am not going to be putting on a 4,000 dollar supercharger, I willing to put around 2,000 dollars more into my car but i dont want to buy anything used. "Lots say buy used supercharger off ebay" uhh no thanks. What else could i put into it to make it faster because all of my upgrades have only made slight improvements to the quickness of it. Thanks alot
Centrifugal SC units don't really strain the engine until you get above 3-3500 RPM. Depending on how often you use full boost, the effect on engine life is negligible to 25%.

But then if you run at those RPMs that often, the engine life would be effected in any case.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Nur_Stang said:
For $2000 AND long life, go with a port & polish, and a street cam. You should end up with around 250 hp, and if you have anything left over, go with a trac-lok in the rear-end!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.