Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every once in awhile I will have a humming sound at idle from around the intake area. Its a stock intake with a K&N drop in filter. The intake tube also vibrates while its humming (fast and short but continuous like a phone vibration).

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Probably the IAC. They can be a little noisy when they're on their way out. You can try spraying it out with carb cleaner, it may help at least temporarily.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what I just read on another forum too so that makes sense. Any special way to clean it out? Or just pull it off, spray the holes and put it back on?

·
Registered
649 Posts
I chased the same problem when I first purchased my Bullitt. Cleaning is only temporary, if anything. Replace it and be done with it. IAC is considered a non-servicable part but some had success. Cleaned mine twice with a day or two relief. Irritated, went to Napa, picked one up and a year later, still fine.

PDM Designers

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya I think I'll just end up replacing it. One of those parts that's not all that expensive and is easy as hell to install. Might as well do it and be done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts