Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5 years ago when i bought my 06 GT the first thing i did was ditch that POS stock shifter. (literally, i tossed it out, gave the knob to a friend for his work truck.) i bought the hurst comp plus. i havent been very satisfied with it, i dont like the way it feels, it feels like there is a lot of flexing in it when shifting hard, plus the d--- thing rattles at WOT. i have tightened everything and used lock tite, still a rattle issue.

i do like the chrome handle white ball look and want to keep that. ive been considering a steeda tri ax or pro 5.0, but i was also wondering if it is worth it to just upgrade to the hurst billet.

anyone running one or upgraded from the comp / plus to the billet?

appreciate any insight you guys can give, as i am about to pull the trigger to fix this problem with a new shifter....

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have the Hurst Billet shifter and mine does not rattle. Loctite was used on all boltsincluding the shifter bolts on the shifter handle. I like it. I'm not sure if someone with a rattle will chime in with the billet version or not I'm curious.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how does it shift? i think the comp / plus is not strong enough and flexes under hard usage. do you feel any flex in the linkage when your shifting hard?

·
Registered
550 Posts
It feels very solid for me, no flex. I can run through the gears as hard as I want just what I was looking for :winks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts