Ford Mustang Forum banner

Hurst Shifter Installed

1021 7
Installed the shifter last week. Love it.
I have a concern that I may have the linkage nut set to tight. The stock one was so easy it shocked me. I put it back on a little tighter.
Not cinched down though. Didn;t look like the bushings are compressing. The 1-2 shift is the tightest and notchiest of all. 2-3, 3-4, 4-3 glass smooth. How much more effort was needed to go from stock to Hurst. Basically how much is to much. Easy to put it words??????
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
+1 on that...and don't forget to put thread locker on the shifter handle bolts as they will work loose if you don't. For some reason the instructions don't tell you to use threadlocker on those bolts (unless they've changed the instructions), but you need threadlocker there too.
It sounds like your pull effort is fine...you were just expecting more and it's really not that much more effort...I really noticed almost nothing more at all. It's just a shorter throw that is notchy...ka-chunk, ka-chunk, ka-chunk. Feels like a muscle car instead of a beemer.
What you may have to do is tighten it until the nut touches the linkage, then back off a little bit. It's probably a good idea to put some threadlock on it so the nut doesn't loosen.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.