Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a chance to get a brand new hurst 3915201 billet short throw shifter. I heard some mixed reviews on it and is it worth it if i can get this shifter for 150 or 175? Thanks

·
Registered
341 Posts
I like my.I've had it about 3 years with no issues. I used loctite on all the screws and bolts.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks guys im just waiting for a response from the guy he is taking forever!!! LOL

·
Registered
825 Posts
I never could stop mine from rattling. Tried all of the "fixes" - loctite, rubber washers, installed factory bushings,etc. Nothing worked and the rattles drove me nuts so I removed it. The TriAx and MGW are better options in my opinion.

·
Registered
174 Posts
There is an article on shifters for our mustangs on MM&FF or 5.0 mag. On there they rate the hurst as being one of the best overall. If you like the adjustability of the positive stops then the hurst may not be right for you. But I love my hurst! Then again I also like the feel of the t3650 with the hurst also. It's feels precise even though it feels notchy. Kinda feel like a bolt action rifle to me. I have 40000 miles on my car with the last 10000 with the shifter and it feels great. It feels even better if you cut the lower rubber shifter boot to fit over the shifter housing. I did this a fews months ago and it made a noticeable improvement.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Kinda feel like a bolt action rifle to me.
That is exactly how I've been describing the way my Hurst kit feels.

I've had mine in for a while and even though it took a little work to get the rattle tuned out I feel it was one of the best mods I've made on my car.

Price and the ability to use a real Hurst stick/ball was the reason I bought. If the MGW was cheaper and used the same mounts, I may have gone with that kit.

·
Registered
174 Posts
That is exactly how I've been describing the way my Hurst kit feels.

I've had mine in for a while and even though it took a little work to get the rattle tuned out I feel it was one of the best mods I've made on my car.

Price and the ability to use a real Hurst stick/ball was the reason I bought. If the MGW was cheaper and used the same mounts, I may have gone with that kit.
I've never had a rattle in mine. I had never adjusted for the positive stops before, so I stayed away from those.(I know its not difficult) I also liked the height/look of the hurst but I was skeptical about the shorter throws with almost double the height, but it's impressive. Plus no more bashed knuckles lol

I abuse my stick and it likes it!:D

Lol joking aside it's a good piece, I can't say if it's better than an mgw, it fact I doubt it is. But against any other shifter I think it would be hard to beat

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Hey guys i have a chance to get a brand new hurst 3915201 billet short throw shifter. I heard some mixed reviews on it and is it worth it if i can get this shifter for 150 or 175? Thanks
No... Rattles, poor quality. It's a crap shoot whether you'll get a decent one or not...

I had one in my car. It was nice when new. It started rattling after a while. I had it out numerous times trying to fix it. Finally took it out for good...

·
Registered
182 Posts
The TriAx and MGW are better options in my opinion.
The triax is terrible IMO. I am getting rid of it and getting the hurst. The only reason it is on the car is because the previous owner had it installed

·
Registered
434 Posts
Still rattle free after 5 years. I only think it feels notchy when setting idle, when I'm driving it feels just right.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys so much for all the info unfortuantly the guy sold it on me so ill just have to find another for a good price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts