Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 GT Manual trans.What is the difference between the Hurst competition/plus shifter & the Hurst billet/plus shifter.Hurst do not provide specs or explaination on the difference other than they are for a 05 GT Mustang Manual trans.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I just had mine installed last week. The difference is night and day. Use the search function, there were a couple of recent threads about the Hurst products. You can actually feel the gears click into place and the shift into 3rd is no longer a rubbery wobble into the gate. Shift throw goes from about 4.5 inches on the 1-2 shift, down to 2.5 inches. An added benifit is you get the bitchin' retro white ball shift knob! The feel of the shifter and the white knob is like a fast run down memory lane for us old farts!

·
Registered
450 Posts
After re-reading your question, my response isn't what you were looking for!
It's my understanding that the billet shifter isn't available yet. The "standard" Comp/Plus shifter is made from welded steel parts and the Billet is machined from aluminum. Not worth the extra bucks in my opinion. I can't see how the steel assembly is less rigid than the machined assembly, at least for a part that size. Unless your transmission tunnel is made from clear Lexan, nobody will see the pretty machined billet part any how!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts