Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

hydraulic clutch actuation system Tremec T-5 Question for a lost college kid

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Dave 
#1 ·
I recently burnt up my modern driveline clutch cable due to contact with the headers. I installed a new hydraulic clutch actuation system using the 3/4 wilwood master and the 7/8 cnc slave push style slave cylinder with brackets I fabricated myself.

The problem I am having is that I cannot get the car into gear. When I depress the clutch pedal the fork moves as it should. However when the car is on and I try to push the shift lever into the first gear position it will not go in all the way. (When the car is off the lever will seat in first gear, second gear, etc. just fine.)

While applying pressure to the lever the car will inch forward a little like it wants to go into gear but I cannot get it to fall into gear completely.

I believe the problem could be that

1) I have not preloaded the throw out bearing enough.
- I have an adjustable clutch pushrod but I have no idea how to tell if the preload is correct.

2) My master and slave combination do not allow the fork to move enough to disengage the clutch fully.

What are your thoughts.

I am 19 and leaving for college in a few days so please offer any and all advice, I greatly appreciate it.

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds like not enough preload on the clutch.
Adjust it until the car can go into gear without grinding.
Check and make sure you have about 1 inch of travel from the slave.

#3 ·
Thanks for the speedy reply.

I will try that out.

#4 ·
Think it's your combonation of master/slave. Believe the slave has to move the lever at connection point 1 3/8-1 1/2" for proper engagement. You didn't list the stroke of the master but it's really just a math problem. You have to move "X" amount of fluid from the master to move the slave the required distance. Think the shop manual calls for 1/10" of preload at the bearing itself.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.