Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As alot of people know that have an aftermarket clutch, the weight of the pedal can get annoying...
Is there a way to eliminate the annoying clutch cable/quadrant, and go hydraulic in our beloved 5.0's?? If so, is there a kit available that anyone knows about? Or is this not a very popular mod??
Any help would be grand...

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
I have never seen anyone using a hydraulic clutch on any ford 302 or 4.6L mustang

Start working that left leg out.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
More hassle than benefit. I'd bet the cable lasts longer too, you don't have to bleed it. And, some aftermarket setups use the dreaded slave cylinder/throwout bearing combination piece (like a Ranger) - you don't ever wanna have to service that part.
It's alot more feasable when swapping a late model drivetrain into '64-'73. The old clutch pedals push linkage, while ours pull the cable.
You could get a longer clutch pedal, or/and fork.:gringreen

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well then... haha.. that was decided easy enough. If no one has done this, there must be a pretty damn good reason for it.
Ill just stick with the weight of the pedal.. looks like im going to have one huge left leg!

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
No joke. It's amazing how weak my right leg is if I try to push the clutch pedal with that leg.

Going from my car to cars with a hydraulic clutch is extremely awkward. It's hard to find a middle area because over or underpressing it.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
i like the feel of the cable clutch way better than the hydraulic clutch on the ranger. and like ghost dog said, the hydraulic clutch is wierd after the cable clutch. after driving the stang for a week then moving the ranger out i usually accidentally stomp the clutch till it hits the floor cuz im used to the stiff clutch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.