Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im using a hypertech powerprogrammer 3 that requires 93 octane gasoline. will running 87 octane gas in my motor accually cause misfires and damage my motor?

·
Registered
260 Posts
stangaddict001 said:
Im using a hypertech powerprogrammer 3 that requires 93 octane gasoline. will running 87 octane gas in my motor accually cause misfires and damage my motor?
Unless you have it tuned for both 87 and 93 octane, run only the 93 b/c eventually it could cause damage.

G

·
You will detonate like hell and screw up your motor. Just keep it at a stock tune if you aren't gonna pay for the gas. You can change it anytime you want. It just takes 10-15 minutes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When i did have it tuned for 93 i was actually running 91 octane. so hopefully i didnt screw it up to bad. now i put it back to stock and with 87 octane and it seems to be running fine. seems im doin more damage whan good with these mods. hopefully theres no major damage though

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
really? i took the tune off and started putting 87 octane in it. when i was running 91 octane with the hypertech tune P0308 and P0102 dtc's were always popin up. but without the tune its only been two days but the trouble codes have not been popin up. seems to be running alot smoother also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.