Ford Mustang Forum banner

Where would you most like to get a gift card from?

• American Muscle

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • JC Pony Parts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brenspeed

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Moss Muscle

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Evolution Performance

• Ebay

• Other - You completely missed the best one

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Just Gas Money... I have a new car payment you know.

Votes: 3 12.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hypothetical Question: So your well meaning mother wants to get her favorite offspring something that you will really like (birthday, holidays or whatever), but not since you turned 13 she has not had any idea about what you are into. Although she does know one thing... you just bought a new Mustang. Armed with that one piece of information she goes searching for the perfect gift, but within about five minutes she realizes she has no clue what to get... Then it dawns on her, GIFT CARD!

My question is where would you most like to get a Mustang related gift card from? Remember Mom only does $25-50 presents, especially since she paid your rent a few times in college, didn't tell your Dad and you never paid her back. :winks

I think personally if she would just let me take her around the track once or down the strip a few times, every birthday from here on would be covered. Who am I kidding she would beating the crap out of me from the passenger seat the whole way and I would end up putting it into the way. :laugh:

Lyle
Web Programmer & Mustang Enthusiast
1967 Mustang Coupe | 2011 Mustang GT/CS

Check It Out: MustangOverload.com, a beta site I'm currently developing for mustang enthusiasts to find the latest mustang news from all over the web. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
Brenspeed, get some good performance mods

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have thought about this myself and have come to the conclusion to just ask for what I call "Mustang Money". This is money that would be dedicated to spending on the mustang and nothing else. With Mustang Money I have the ability to save it for more expensive items, shop around for the best deals and stretch my money if I choose, or it can be used for installation costs of said parts. Just more flexibility this way but you have to remain on the honor system and spend it on the Mustang, which definitely wouldn't be a problem for me.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
How about a gas card? lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brenspeed, get some good performance mods
Hotshot,
Since you are in the minority, what is it that you prefer about Brenspeed? I have not ordered anything from then, so I don't really know much about them.

Quick Correction:
"I would end up putting it into the wall."

NOT
"I would end up putting it into the way."

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Coincidentally, I still have a $50 gift card for Ebay I got from my mother last Christmas. My question is what do you think I should buy off of ebay for around $50 for the Mustang?

She keeps asking what I got with the gift card and I need to spend it before I loose it. Now where did that thing go again....

Lyle

Check Out: mustangoverload.com, a site in beta I'm developing for mustang enthusiasts to find the latest mustang news from all over the web. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Coincidentally, I still have a $50 gift card for Ebay I got from my mother last Christmas. My question is what do you think I should buy off of ebay for around $50 for the Mustang?

She keeps asking what I got with the gift card and I need to spend it before I loose it. Now where did that thing go again....

Lyle

Check Out: mustangoverload.com, a site in beta I'm developing for mustang enthusiasts to find the latest mustang news from all over the web. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
How about a shift knob?

I went with the white "cue ball" knob from Steeda; I think it was around $59 bucks. IMHO, it was the single best appearance mod I have done to my car. I hated the factory one, to me that leather-covered monstrosity looks like something that Lexus would use, if there were such a thing as a low-end Lexus with manual tranny.

The white (or black) cue-ball with engraved pattern to me is so retro sixties and I like that!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Visa or Mastercard
use it any where you want
Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.