Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i am driving from school to the bookstore for a research paer i am working on in the rain, well i have "drag radials" meaning little tread left, i know i need to go slow so i am doing like 10 under the speed limit behind a semi well he decided to switch lanes and the v dub beetle next to me panics and trys to come into my lane for some reason well she started to slide a little and i go to pull over a little bit to avoid contact. that wasnt a good idea next thing i know im completely sideways at 45 mph or so i countersteer and get her straightend out but i must have over corrected it because she started to spin in the middle of the highway so im freaking n i just think the hell with it and i lock up the breaks to try and get at least oneof the tires to grab something well i somehow avoid all the cars around me and go straight into the ditch on the right well my left side goes into the mud first and she feals like she was going to roll over well she didnt but did spin around again and now im headed for the raveene and i go ontop of the flag stone rocks so i get out and realise that theres no doby damage what so ever the lady in the beetle puls up i tell her im ok not thinkg to get a plate number or anything but i tell her to go well the cop was cool told me i wouldnt get a ticket and i had a buddy in his diesel pull her out we put her up to see any damage theres none at all i hit a rock nearly the size of my engine went on top of her and theres nothing at all??? shes a tank but i am scared as hell..... time to order new rims with normal tires to be safe...... sorry so long butit was the first time i was scared as helll soining around 4 times and all the cop that saw it said it look something like on formula one and said for managing not to hit some one i dont deserve the ticket!!!!

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
At least you didn't get all cracked up.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
sounds like you should start buying lottery tickets. glad you are safe

·
Registered
576 Posts
Glad to hear to didnt get hurt, im surprised you werent trying to fight the woman in the beetle. Theres nothing like that feeling of losing control.. I was in a 93' bronco once and hit black ice on the highway and went sideways, I put in 4low thinking it would help but it didnt, I slid about an 8th mile down the middle of the lane towards a dodge truck that was stuck at the last second I caught the edge of the road and pulled out of it... after that I had to pull over and push my heart back in my chest... what new tires are you thinking about going with?

·
Registered
152 Posts
My uncle says that 4 wheel drive isnt for staying on the road but to help you get out of the ditch. My brother did that in his 2000 camaro. It was so late into the night that not many people were on the road thank God. He stopped parrallel to the gaurd rail.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I nailed a mail box because of slicks in the rain. Rough stuff.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im not sure what tires yet

im not sure what tires yet i like to look around and ask what people like but im on a super limited buget because im at school most of my time and i have a friend who works at farm and fleet "dont laugh" in the tire department she showed me these motegie rims that come dark grey or black and i really thought black would look sharp then i saw the price tag n they are only like 130 for a 18 inch rim so i think im might go with those... oh i started her up she squealed and threw the belt this morning so i put my spare on well the freakin smog pump was froze now i did the delete thing but didnt remove the pipe that runs to the back of the heads yet would anyone know if i can drive it like that? seems to be fine feals like theres some ind of air coming from the driver side near the rear part by the valve cover of all palces so im gunna pull the intake off to see if any vacume lines came off.. n e ideas???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts