Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a first time buyer looking for my first Mustang. I plan on this car being the first of many Mustangs in my future. I just wanted to know if there were any specific problems to look out for or if there is any problems that Mustangs might have. If any one can help it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
You may get more responses if your more specific about what year and model Mustang your referring to.

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
STONECOLD said:
You may get more responses if your more specific about what year and model Mustang your referring to.

yep!

Congrats!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im looking for a newer model preferbly a 1999 3.8 v6 automatic. my grandpop was ready to buy an intrepid and 4 diffrent people told him that the transmission was bad on most of those cars. I was just wondering if there was any problems like this in relation to a 1999 mustang. thanks!

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
FirstTimer said:
im looking for a newer model preferbly a 1999 3.8 v6 automatic. my grandpop was ready to buy an intrepid and 4 diffrent people told him that the transmission was bad on most of those cars. I was just wondering if there was any problems like this in relation to a 1999 mustang. thanks!
no, there are none. they're more reliable than a civic.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you're getting an automatic there are none. However if you're getting a stick, the throwout bearing goes out after a while. (replacing the clutch on my 99 this week, it does have 96K miles on it, but the clutch should supposed to last til about 120K, not too bad though) But yeah, congrats!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.