Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my DORA from my dealer, PLUS he also gave me the VIN#.

But there is no mention about spoiler delete (13D) anywhere on the DORA.
Should there be a mention of it?


Now, once I have a VIN, approx how long till it is in the driveway.

Can someone help out a newbie and track my VIN#? :worship :happyhapp

VIN# 1ZVFT82H965112808


Many thanks in advance!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
BillR said:
I just got my DORA from my dealer, PLUS he also gave me the VIN#.

But there is no mention about spoiler delete (13D) anywhere on the DORA.
Should there be a mention of it?


Now, once I have a VIN, approx how long till it is in the driveway.

Can someone help out a newbie and track my VIN#? :worship :happyhapp

VIN# 1ZVFT82H965112808


Many thanks in advance!
The DORA would show all options (including your spoiler delete) with pricing. Typically you would review this to ensure the order submitted is what you ordered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
255 Posts
Hate to say it but it looks like your dealer screwed you and didn't order the right options. Yes, the spoiler delete option would have been on your DORA if he ordered it. It's too late to change it if you already have a complete VIN.

Here's a portion of my DORA and it shows the spoiler delete option. It also shows what the DORA looks like when a change is made. (I added 14A, the active anti-theft option)

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/10540/dora3.jpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Someone correct me if im wrong, but isnt the last 6 digits of the vin the build order sequence? Looking at BillRs vin# does that number seem high? or mayby Im confused with this :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
FoMoCo said:
Someone correct me if im wrong, but isnt the last 6 digits of the vin the build order sequence? Looking at BillRs vin# does that number seem high? or mayby Im confused with this :confused:
Take the last six digits and -100,000 and you get the sequence. So his is 12,808.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
StangNut said:
He's the 12,808th Mustang serialized for 2006. He won't be the 12,808th Mustang built for 2006.
He will be within +-1,000 of 12,808. So he will be built somewhere around week 3 of 06 production.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Priority Code

I have a VIN number and a production date. I an unsure how to determine my priority class. Where would I find this number and what do the different priority classes mean? I have a place in the order bank in the low 600's.

Please advise.

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,170 Posts
Springsteennj said:
I have a VIN number and a production date. I an unsure how to determine my priority class. Where would I find this number and what do the different priority classes mean? I have a place in the order bank in the low 600's.

Please advise.

Thanks!
Go to this site, they can tell you everything you ever needed to know about your vin number.
http://www.blueovalforums.com/index.php?showtopic=14595&st=1580
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
255 Posts
Springsteennj said:
I have a VIN number and a production date. I an unsure how to determine my priority class. Where would I find this number and what do the different priority classes mean? I have a place in the order bank in the low 600's.

Please advise.

Thanks!
Your priority number is asssigned by your dealer. The lowest number he can assign is a 10. The highest is a 99. This is his way of telling Ford which one of his orders he wants them to pull first. Because he is only allowed so many Mustangs you are only competing with other Mustang orders at your dealer. If you have a priority number of 12, there could be two other Mustangs ahead of you. (priority numbers 10 and 11) It's up to each dealer how they assign this number. You could have a 25 and still be first in line. What matters is how many Mustangs at YOUR dealer have a lower number than you do.

Your order number means practically nothing. (In your case the number in the 600's) It is simply a way for your dealer and Ford to keep up with your order.

Does that answer your questions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Priority number

Thanks Stangnut.

My dealer already told me he received his number of cars he was allotted for his first allocation (4 Mustangs). He also told me I am number 1 on the list as I was the first 2006 order and he has no 2005 carryovers. Thus, I guess I have the highest priority. If all goes according to plan I hope I will have my pony sometime in early September.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,170 Posts
Springsteennj said:
Thanks Stangnut.

My dealer already told me he received his number of cars he was allotted for his first allocation (4 Mustangs). He also told me I am number 1 on the list as I was the first 2006 order and he has no 2005 carryovers. Thus, I guess I have the highest priority. If all goes according to plan I hope I will have my pony sometime in early September.
Something does not make sense, so you really do not have a vin yet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
2006 Order

I have the print out from the dealer with the VIN and all other pertinent information. The dealer also told me that back in May I was his first 2006 order, and since he has no '05 carryovers, I will be in his first designated allocation of 4 Mustangs coming in. Based on this information, I think I am in good shape.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow, thanks for all the responses - esp since I am new.

Found out the dealer did omit the option, but it has been corrected and the new revised DORA has everything proper on it.

I guess it will be here in about 4 weeks???:shrug

Time to start getting parts ordered. Already have the stripe set and the Pioneer AVIC-D1 ready to go. :clap
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
255 Posts
Don't trust the dealer's estimate. He's just guessing. Use the info on your DORA and call the automated number to find out your status.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but he's lying to you about something. If you already had a VIN assigned he couldn't have made changes. Once a car is serialized, that's it. No changes can be made. Check all the paperwork he has given you and compare all the imortant numbers: order number, priority number, and VIN. Go to the website pcfrisch mentioned and ask for your info.
Here's a link directly to the post where you can request your info.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/index.php?showtopic=14595


Is there anyway you can post a copy of your DORA?
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top