Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car is gt 2005 supercharger procharger intercooler and full set of exshaust and then come to emision test it fail
icome the the guy put on supercharger for me before then he said he charge 700 dolar for passing emissiont and i dont know if they have any hidden cost after that bc i have lesson with him when he put exhaust for me he quote 2000 dolar for put on exshaust and after done bill is 2400 and i dont like dishonest
bottom like is i dont want this guy have chance to rip me of 700 agan every 2 year so i decice to sell
i go to car max the pay for my car only 11k ?????????
my car only 28k so how much my car worth now
can u guy give me advice
thank guy

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
my car is gt 2005 supercharger procharger intercooler and full set of exshaust and then come to emision test it fail
icome the the guy put on supercharger for me before then he said he charge 700 dolar for passing emissiont and i dont know if they have any hidden cost after that bc i have lesson with him when he put exhaust for me he quote 2000 dolar for put on exshaust and after done bill is 2400 and i dont like dishonest
bottom like is i dont want this guy have chance to rip me of 700 agan every 2 year so i decice to sell
can u guy give me advice
thank guy
Get a tune from American Muscle that will help you pass emissions.I would not sell the car. I would move before I would sell the car. Thats just me though.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
mods add nothing to a car at resale time, esp to a dealer, you'd be better off selling it on Ebay or maybe here
I'm not sure why an h pipe with hi flow cats wouldn't get you through emissions unless there are more issues at stake

·
Registered
127 Posts
You should share the emissions readings that the test generated so we can see where you have issues. For example, some of the issues could be fixed with swapping on a better catalytic converter and/or running an emissions friendly tune depending on what tested values are over the legal limit.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
First what exhaust do you have? Do you have cats? Are the oxygen sensors turned on in your tune? The car should pass emissions if you have cats and the oxygen sensors are turned on. If you dont have cats add them then have another tuner make you a new tune with them turned on.
Also I would not go back to that shop $2000 to install a full exhaust seems really steep unless he custom fabricated the whole thing.

·
Registered
9,652 Posts
my car is gt 2005 supercharger procharger intercooler and full set of exshaust and then come to emision test it fail . . . .can u guy give me advice
First piece of free advice: try to learn to speak/write in complete sentences, it will improve people's impression of you and also make it easier to understand what you are saying/asking.

Next answer the questions that the other guys asked so they can help you.

By "full exhaust" I am guessing you mean off-road mid-pipe with no catalytic converters; if so, that would be the problem. Replacing that with one with high flow cats will cost some bucks, but $2,000 is very high -- that's what I would expect to pay for a complete system installed with headers and the mid-pipes with the high flow cats.

·
Registered
746 Posts
try to learn to speak/write in complete sentences
i agree,this post is pretty bad! iif ths if th wa u speeke four rael,good luck doing whatever you are trying to do with your car.
i would never buy it! one word "ISSUE'S" :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Wow, that's quite a crappy spot to be in. I would take it somewhere else and have them re-tune the car and provide you with a tune for emissions. If you take it to the right place, the whole thing will cost maybe 300-500, but you'll never have to worry about it again. Sounds like the shop you're dealing with is just being unreasonable.

Then again, if you're currently running without catalytic converters, maybe that's where the $700 charge was? Purchasing and installing a catted x-pipe plus inspection fees?

Hopefully you can clear that up a little...

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Please tell us exactly what exhaust setup your guy put on, we'd like to know.

Oh, FYI: Carmax is the last place I'd ever sell a car like that. If I were you, I'd only sell to Carmax out of desperation, like if you needed money today or something.

·
Registered
287 Posts
AMChrisRose

Chris, i just left a message on your voice mail with my ID number.I am having problems with the tune (hesitation,rpm up/down, engine diying) the person i spoke with says they can't find my file and that i need a New Tune.Can you help me out PLEASE, and find out why i need a new tune.I'll be waiting on your reply.Thanks George.

·
Banned
822 Posts
icome the the guy...can u guy give me advice
thank guy
The only advice I can give to anyone with these ^ literary skills, is SELL THE POOR CAR. Sorry, but you make Mustang owners look like dolts.

·
Registered
784 Posts
The only advice I can give to anyone with these ^ literary skills, is SELL THE POOR CAR. Sorry, but you make Mustang owners look like dolts.
maybe english isn't his first language. don't be so rough

·
Registered
142 Posts
can u guy give me advice
thank guy

Sell the car take a english class! This post made my head hurt :yelwacko:

·
Registered
113 Posts
First piece of free advice: try to learn to speak/write in complete sentences, it will improve people's impression of you and also make it easier to understand what you are saying/asking.
:sterb: I would charge him $4000 for his exhaust after that exhaustive read... I'm in the mood to make a pop TART all of a sudden. :grinroll:

·
Registered
9,652 Posts
Come on guys, give him a break! I guess I started it, sorry . . .

To the OP, don't be completely discouraged by some of the replies above, we really do want to help . . . let us know some more information.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
This site is supposed to be about helping other people interested in Mustangs and not bashing.Wee may nott all speek purfick Anglish.

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
get a set of hi-flow cats installed and that will allow you to pass emissions for as long as you own the car, i'm guessing you lack cats right now.

And everyone, i am disappointed in you slightly. Not everyone speaks perfect english

1 - 20 of 22 Posts