Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea... i was driving down the street about 45 min ago... and a 4dr WRX pulls up next to me and starts reving up!.... so i reved back at him... we took off and he started to pull...(i forgot to turn the TRAC Control off)... but then as he was shifting, i pulled in front of him, and that was the end of that.... YEA GO MUSTANGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
taking down the imports 1 at a time :cool: !!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,579 Posts
What kind of car do you have?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,871 Posts
wrx's aren't the quickest peanuts in the bag. Go for some Z06 modded fun!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,912 Posts
Good job with the subbie!


The wrx is really not a big deal. The STI is.
A good kill either way.

I DO believe that the kill is something to be proud of. The STI is really the closest competition for an 05gt (stock). Out of the hole, with the AWD, they are VERY strong. But after you hit 3rd you should be caught up, and they don't seem to have much top end power (after you hit 4rth) IMO.

With some mods, go for the goats. More, then go for the vettes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,432 Posts
Kmagn13 said:
Yea... i was driving down the street about 45 min ago... and a 4dr WRX pulls up next to me and starts reving up!.... so i reved back at him... we took off and he started to pull...(i forgot to turn the TRAC Control off)... but then as he was shifting, i pulled in front of him, and that was the end of that.... YEA GO MUSTANGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
taking down the imports 1 at a time :cool: !!!
If you get them off boost, they're entirely beatable!

from a roll, they're tough customers . . . as long as they can stay in the boost.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
XLeezardx said:
There is no way and i mean NO WAY a V6 Mustang can kill an STI or an EVO. STI driver must me a really bad one armed driver to loose to a V6 Mustang. Even if u launch first and then the STI goes, he will catch you fast. Power to weight ratio is King.
STI perhaps not, but he said WRX :)

That just means a 227hp turbo boxer engine. Not a 300+hp turbo mini-monster like the STI.

I'm sure that ANY 99+ V6 Mustang with typical bolt-ons and a good driver could take on a WRX no problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mac_mogul said:
STI perhaps not, but he said WRX :)

That just means a 227hp turbo boxer engine. Not a 300+hp turbo mini-monster like the STI.

I'm sure that ANY 99+ V6 Mustang with typical bolt-ons and a good driver could take on a WRX no problem.
yea it was a WRX wagon... i never said it was an STI... i know i cant beat one now... but im sure that if i wanted to drop 10 grand into my car... or just a supercharger, i could give an STI a run for their money... if i got a Supercharger i would be pushing over 300 HP... so i think i would have a chance at one... but yea, i beat a WRX... not a WRX STI...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,432 Posts
Kmagn13 said:
yea it was a WRX wagon... i never said it was an STI... i know i cant beat one now... but im sure that if i wanted to drop 10 grand into my car... or just a supercharger, i could give an STI a run for their money... if i got a Supercharger i would be pushing over 300 HP... so i think i would have a chance at one... but yea, i beat a WRX... not a WRX STI...
He's the Japanese troll, come around every 6 months or so, until he gets laughed off the site.

The village lizard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,859 Posts
^^^^ :laughlitt :evillol: :heha: Thats classic, he smoked a wagon!!! Did it have a butt load a groceries and a half a soccer team in it too?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,432 Posts
dollarbill said:
^^^^ :laughlitt :evillol: :heha: Thats classic, he smoked a wagon!!! Did it have a butt load a groceries and a half a soccer team in it too?
it's still a wrx. Would you complain if he beat the M3 Sport Wagon?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,859 Posts
Its just the wagon part that struck me as funny. I guess a kill IS a kill!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
mac_mogul said:
STI perhaps not, but he said WRX :)

That just means a 227hp turbo boxer engine. Not a 300+hp turbo mini-monster like the STI.

I'm sure that ANY 99+ V6 Mustang with typical bolt-ons and a good driver could take on a WRX no problem.
OK alittle far with that one, typical bolt one 99+V6 will get you high 14`s , stock WRX are good for low 14`s BIG difference !
You get someone that races his WRX and know how to drive it ,a mild modded 6 HAS NO CHANCE !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,432 Posts
ran260gt said:
OK alittle far with that one, typical bolt one 99+V6 will get you high 14`s , stock WRX are good for low 14`s BIG difference !
You get someone that races his WRX and know how to drive it ,a mild modded 6 HAS NO CHANCE !
Whatever man, I know people with less invested than you, including initial cost that would eat your lunch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
kscoyote said:
Whatever man, I know people with less invested than you, including initial cost that would eat your lunch.
I thought that this was a V6 forum... why is this GT guy here talking mess???
Man i know imports that could beat him down...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,859 Posts
Dude, kscoyote does have a V6 stang, it was me that was poking fun at your wagon kill.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,432 Posts
dollarbill said:
Dude, kscoyote does have a V6 stang, it was me that was poking fun at your wagon kill.
I don't think that was poionted at me, but it's a good point.

I think he was referring to 260GT. Who's car is a LOT slower than my old '68.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,912 Posts
those are quick little wagons...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
kscoyote said:
Whatever man, I know people with less invested than you, including initial cost that would eat your lunch.
:thumbsup , facts are facts , WRX smokes mild mod V6 !
Not starting trouble , just think if the dude in the WRX knew how to race , this thread would have never been started ! why you ask , cus he would have been blow away !

And this is a community wright ? so I or anybody can post were ever they like !

kscoyote please , you dont race your cars at the track , if you did you would have posted time`s ! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,432 Posts
ran260gt said:
:thumbsup , facts are facts , WRX smokes mild mod V6 !
Not starting trouble , just think if the dude in the WRX knew how to race , this thread would have never been started ! why you ask , cus he would have been blow away !

And this is a community wright ? so I or anybody can post wereever they like !
As long as they do 5000 RPM clutch drops yes!

not many are willing to do that.

without the clutch drop, they are entirely beatable.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top