Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i found a mustang on craiglook it caught my eye. i email them asking if they had it. turns out being t w auto sales in ky. so i offered him 12 5/ he said sure AND took the amount of the fee i have to pay to the boarder. im so happy

it has a custom stereo(dont care i have my own personal one i want in it)
custom rims(cant remember)
cutom h pipe with flowmasters
black with red interior.
30 k miles
and a couple other goodies.
tomorrow im sending the holding fee which is 200 then june 25-july 5 i fly own to pick it up :) posting pics when i get some better ones from them

·
Registered
64 Posts
woo hoo! Can't wait to see pics. On CL in my area, people post pretending to be dealerships so I get all excited then find out its a scam :/

·
Registered
23 Posts
Congratulations.

Since it's a dealer just make sure you know what your agreed out the door price is. You hear stories at the time of purchase where the dealer then tags on 'Admin fees, etching fees, 150 point inspection fees...' so it adds up to hundreds or even thousands on top of the initial agreed to price.

Best one is where the car on craigslist is advertised as $18,000. The fine print on the bottom:

"THIS PRICE REFLECTS A TRADE-IN PRICE OF $2,000 OR EQUIVALENT DOWN PAYMENT"

·
Registered
68 Posts
congratz on your new stang

·
Registered
709 Posts
Hope this works out - sounds like a good price. Be careful with Craigslist - I'm sure plently of sellers are legit, but there are a lot of scammers.

Just as a suggestion - is there a member of this forum that is close to the car that could give it a look over before you fly down to pick it up? I'm sure most of us would do it for free. May they could take some pics for you.

Also, have you checked the vin to ensure that the title is clear...not reconstructed or salvage (meaning that it has been wrecked and repaired). This is a MUST before send any money.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congratulations.

Since it's a dealer just make sure you know what your agreed out the door price is. You hear stories at the time of purchase where the dealer then tags on 'Admin fees, etching fees, 150 point inspection fees...' so it adds up to hundreds or even thousands on top of the initial agreed to price.

Best one is where the car on craigslist is advertised as $18,000. The fine print on the bottom:

"THIS PRICE REFLECTS A TRADE-IN PRICE OF $2,000 OR EQUIVALENT DOWN PAYMENT"
yeah they wanted 13 500 i said 12 5 he said sure. i said i need to get an inspection done . he said no he said it was in an accident but on the road for 3 years but how much will the inspection cost. i said 209 he said i can take it off. sadly i will have to scower the forum to find someone to look at it right now though. either way im not afraid of salvaged titles

·
Registered
709 Posts
yeah they wanted 13 500 i said 12 5 he said sure. i said i need to get an inspection done . he said no he said it was in an accident but on the road for 3 years but how much will the inspection cost. i said 209 he said i can take it off. sadly i will have to scower the forum to find someone to look at it right now though. either way im not afraid of salvaged titles
He said no to an inspection - this is not good.

Your not afraid of a salvaged title...this just confuses me.

Proceed with caution in your purchasing process.

I do wish you the best - just please be careful.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
we want pics!!!! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He said no to an inspection - this is not good.
nope but they are paying for one in my home town. as for if something is wrong i just asked

Your not afraid of a salvaged title...this just confuses me.
i have owned 2 cars with salvage titles they are bult up to oem standrards only difference is they are cheaper. i will get paid as if there was no damage and never in an accident

Proceed with caution in your purchasing process.
i sure am i sent pm's to about 6 members from kentucky that are close to it i said iw ould pay tyhem to check it out. if they cant i am calling the ford dealership down the road to look at it

I do wish you the best - just please be careful.
i do have a little thinker for being only 16 :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.