Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i know this sounds dumb but how do i install these to a 12 v source under my dash board. and what tools do i need besides a soldering iron. im a newby with wires and connecting them in a car so any help would be greatly appreciated .:scratchchin

·
Registered
882 Posts
I have always wanted interior lighting, but I do not know how to install them either. Im terrible with electronics, including soldering iron.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks mike you always come through with a great answer but just to be safe let me clarify. i get those 2 colored wires + & - splice them with a thin gauge wire. run that wire down under the glove box and connect the first strip. than put the second led strip on the driver side and get a new thin gauge wire and splice it with the same colored wires but from the driverside.

i think i got it.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
ok thanks mike you always come through with a great answer but just to be safe let me clarify. i get those 2 colored wires + & - splice them with a thin gauge wire. run that wire down under the glove box and connect the first strip. than put the second led strip on the driver side and get a new thin gauge wire and splice it with the same colored wires but from the driverside.

i think i got it.
ya, i used some squeeze connectors up above that plug in the pillar, ran the wires down to the sjb area and tied into the pass light strip, then continued the run with the 2 wires around the carpet on the pass side and behind the console following a wad of wires already there. but you could run them just under the glove box or whichever way you want to go to get to the drivers side and tie in the driver side lights. but yes, you got the idea :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool looks like im having fun saturday:gringreen thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts