Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the impass in Wshington D.C has really screwed things up.
90 days ago half of the Military's pay checks are missing and they still don't have all of that resolved. Now comming up next month no deal no pay. Now I have been in the Military 21 years and never had 1 pay problem Active Army or National Guard. Here I sit living my life as clean as a whistle, pay my bills , no drugs , no DUI , no negetive actions living up to all my obligations. Here I sit in Iraq wondering how in the hell can I explain to a young troop sorry son I don't know how your going to feed your family next month. I was going to treat myself to some Long Tube Headers well I guess it goes back into the rainy day fund and the family will circle the wagons again because of a utter lack of job performance on my part because I don't have a pay check to prove I did anything it seems.
To me it's like buying a new Mustang GT and getting 100 Horses and someone telling me the other 300 Horses will arrive after you pay the car off but by then the first 100 horses are dead and your out the time and money but never see the 400 Horses show up at one place at one time. We could call it the Department of HP , you give it your money and time but it never produces , much like the rest of D.C.

T Wayne in Iraq

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
That sucks man. Sorry to hear it. Hopefully you'll be home soon.

·
Registered
531 Posts
that really iritates me sorry to hear that. you guys fighting for us should be taken care of first. this is all because republicans want the rich to get richer and take all the money from the normal people.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
how are the rich getting richer when 52% of all earners pay no tax whatsoever? Ever been hired by a poor person? If they don't get spending under control, there will be dire consequences...
You can be sure the military will get paid, it's not like they don't have ANY money.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Update

I will be ok a Iraqi family has just adopted me and my team. It seems they get a steady income here on the goat farm. The Foreign Aid Package provided by the Department of Agriculture is esential and only NON ESENTIAL programs and personnel will be affected as stated by "The person in charge of our country that I'm not allowed to say his or her name.:worship But since we have never had a she I think you can narrow it down." Regulations you know.
Wow for a minute I thought maybe these locals would be trying to bum off my broke A$$. Seem our tax dollars are hard at work here in the Middle East.:bigthumbsup

T Wayne "Feta Cheese Anyone??"

·
Registered
9,663 Posts
. . . . . this is all because republicans want the rich to get richer and take all the money from the normal people.
Give me a break! Nothing could be further from the truth, and you either know that yourself or you have been fooled by the liberal BS just like half of the country

To T. Wayne -- I am very sorry to hear that, it is absurd. The government absolutely can pay you, even if the debt limit is not raised, they are just using that as political capital to effectively hold you and the rest of the country hostage until the democrats get their way. It is an outrage.

I wonder how long it will be before this thread gets moved to the "Hot Zone" ?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No Offense

No we did not get paid back when this happen they showed a dept on our pay checks and we got 1/2 a months pay. They still have yet to pay some of us from the last Budget Battle.
Thats a fact not fiction.

T Wayne in Iraq

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
that really iritates me sorry to hear that. you guys fighting for us should be taken care of first. this is all because republicans want the rich to get richer and take all the money from the normal people.
Um brainwashed much...........

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The Zone??

The Hot Zone am I in some kind of trouble here on the Forum??
I did inject a little Humor despite the bleek out look.
I thought The Department Of Horse Power comment tied the whole Mustang Muscle Car theme together with a little Middle East war thingy together pretty well??

T Wayne In the Hot Seat Now. Damn can't a brother get a break.

·
Registered
9,663 Posts
No we did not get paid back when this happen . . . from the last Budget Battle. . . . Thats a fact not fiction.
I believe you, but it should be unbelievable . . . how did we go so far off track?

There are two primary objectives or needs for the federal government:

1) defense

2) inter-state commerce

When did we lose track of the #1 priority and instead decide that our top priority was entitlement programs?

This is making me mad, I might have to get up off my butt and go get involved . . . ;)

·
Registered
531 Posts
how are the rich getting richer when 52% of all earners pay no tax whatsoever? Ever been hired by a poor person? If they don't get spending under control, there will be dire consequences...
You can be sure the military will get paid, it's not like they don't have ANY money.
obviously the current tax system isn't working. do you think it is fair to cut services from the poor and middle class and the wealthy people loose nothing???

·
Registered
226 Posts
Now comming up next month no deal no pay. Now I have been in the Military 21 years and never had 1 pay problem Active Army or National Guard.
That's absolute BS, if there is no debt deal there is absolutely no reason why the military would not be able to get paid. Someone is playing politics and using the people defending our nation as pawns.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Um brainwashed much...........
as far as being brain washed im not but you should look at yourself before accusing. im looking at it from both sides there should be deficit reductions and bush tax breaks should be terminated. as far as jobs go did those bush takes help jobs??? talk about brain washed. also Bush brought us into this recession.

·
Registered
9,663 Posts
The Hot Zone am I in some kind of trouble here on the Forum??
I did inject a little Humor despite the bleek out look.
I thought The Department Of Horse Power comment tied the whole Mustang Muscle Car theme together with a little Middle East war thingy together pretty well??

T Wayne In the Hot Seat Now. Damn can't a brother get a break.
I hope you are joking, if not my appologies -- I know you have visited the "Hot Zone" forum, I have seen your posts there.

Yes the office of HP is a good attempt to tie it in to "05-10 Mustang Discussion" but I think the moderators will find it a bit of a stretch . . . ;)

Josh, how long are you going to blame everyting on Bush? It's getting a little old, don't you think?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I hope you are joking, if not my appologies -- I know you have visited the "Hot Zone" forum, I have seen your posts there.

Yes the office of HP is a good attempt to tie it in to "05-10 Mustang Discussion" but I think the moderators will find it a bit of a stretch . . . ;)

Josh, how long are you going to blame everyting on Bush? It's getting a little old, don't you think?
AMEN! He's been out of office for 2 1/2 years; unemployment is still too high, debt is huge, a balanced budget seems like a pipe dream (neither H nor X pipes) and our economy is close to tanking.....again.

I thought the "new guy" was suppose to be our savior and lead us into a new era of bipartisanship......yeah.....right.

I still love America, I still love freedom of speech and I still love my Stang. I guess things could be worse.......but I don't what to find out. :smilie

·
Registered
531 Posts
AMEN! He's been out of office for 2 1/2 years; unemployment is still too high, debt is huge, a balanced budget seems like a pipe dream (neither H nor X pipes) and our economy is close to tanking.....again.

I thought the "new guy" was suppose to be our savior and lead us into a new era of bipartisanship......yeah.....right.

I still love America, I still love freedom of speech and I still love my Stang. I guess things could be worse.......but I don't what to find out. :smilie
amen on the i love america and stangs. bipartisanship... Obama is cutting medicare and other public benifits which democrats rebuke. republicans on the other had do want to budge on the bush tax cuts. imo obama is trying to have a bipartisan agreement but republicans dont want to cut the bush era tax breaks.

i dont want to start agruments but the bottom line is America cant default and we gotta pay our troops...Bottom Line..

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Obama hasn't changed a ******** thing and he is just like bush but black.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I normally don't say anything on these threads because there are just so many uninformed comments, but............when was the last time you heard of any Republican administration cutting defense spending or not taking care of the troops? Let's see - good 'ol Billy Clinton cut the Army's money so bad that they had to pay for their own haircuts, and now under the next Democratic regime, their paychecks are short while on active duty.
And as for the "rich getting richer", seems like when my tax rate hit 45% I am giving my fair share.
Check your facts - The top 1% of earners pay 33% of the taxes collected and the top 50% pay nearly 100%.
The whole tax system needs an overhaul. It has turned in to another welfare program; I mean, when someone pays in $1,500 over the year and get $3K or $4K back at the end of the year, something's wrong!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I normally don't say anything on these threads because there are just so many uninformed comments, but............when was the last time you heard of any Republican administration cutting defense spending or not taking care of the troops? Let's see - good 'ol Billy Clinton cut the Army's money so bad that they had to pay for their own haircuts, and now under the next Democratic regime, their paychecks are short while on active duty.
And as for the "rich getting richer", seems like when my tax rate hit 45% I am giving my fair share.
Check your facts - The top 1% of earners pay 33% of the taxes collected and the top 50% pay nearly 100%.
The whole tax system needs an overhaul. It has turned in to another welfare program; I mean, when someone pays in $1,500 over the year and get $3K or $4K back at the end of the year, something's wrong!

Tru dat...... Not that I would really ever use that term but if there was a time I'd say it now. But I agree fully.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts