Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought these cobra valve covers for 302 and 289 heads and i just got them on just an hour ago and i cant get the bracket on the throttle body that tensions the throttle cables to clear the new valve covers when i put the throttle body back on please help or send pictures

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you so much, i would really appreciate pictures even if its tomorrow. but im a little bit confused are u saying to put a 1" spacer between the upper and lower plenum. and if so will i need to retension the throttle cable for the spacer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
thank u so much, i managed to make it fit but i had to undo the upper plenum and tilt it back just to slide the throttle body on the bolt bosses all the way and i bolted it all down but the bracket just barely sits on the tip of the valve cover, but id rather make it fit nicely so im off to buy a spacer. In that picture i noticed u have a bolt one of ur coolant lines that goes to the egr, just wodering y u capped it, did u remove ur EGR

i was wondering where u happened to buy ur spacer at because i cant find a stock design 1 inch spacer to go under the upper plenum, at summit they only have half inchers or 3/8 spacers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.