Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys so I have removed everything for me to drop the transmission on my 1998 mustang cobra. I can't reach the passenger upper transmission bolt. I already dropped the read transmission mount, so the transmission can drop to get more room. I still wasn't able to reach that bolt. Do you guys have any tricks or suggestion?

Thank you guys in advance.

-Dan

·
Registered
985 Posts
Top tranny.bolts Suck!!!!!

I.buy my.tools.off Mac Tools truck and.bought a pretty.long set.of Racthing Wrenches
[EZRED] It.gave me the perfect length & help.to do mine

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
What I have used is a 13mm "flex" socket and two LONG extensions. Use long extensions instead of multiple short ones tied together (less flop).

The flex socket works better than a u-joint because it takes up less space and will set straight on the bolt without walking off.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
When you put it back together swap the stock bolt out with a SHCS. This is the type of bolt for an allen head wrench/socket. While your at it swap them all. Makes life a lot easier.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! Do you know of any popular place to pick those type of bolts at? I actually had to jack the tranny up, causing the motor to move forward. That gave me enough space to get it out throughout the firewall of the motor. Right behind the intake manifold. I used 1/2 wrench.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts