Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to compile all of my cds into 1 Mp3 cd. I want to burn the songs into folders(each folder is an album) so I don't have to search for songs 1 track at a time.
I tried once using itunes and all I got was 104 songs with no folder 'breaks', which I believe is called a 'flat' MP3 cd.
I'm not sure if it's possible using the itunes program. If not, what burner programs will make this job easier for me(preferably free burner software).

S

·
0 Posts
I think I just burned my last one as a data disc just using the CD burner software. I have everything grouped in folders and it works just fine. Try doing it that way without iTunes or WMP or the like. You'll obviously just need everything already as an mp3 to do that though.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Data disk? itunes has that as an option under burner settings...I'll try that first. Do I just use a CD-R to make a data disk?
If I end up NOT using iTunes can I use Roxio(i don't have Nero) or the burner in Windows media player?
Can I just drag the songs from "My Music"(since Itunes already converted them to MP3) into whatever burner I use?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Yup, do it as a data disc instead of a music disc and it will transfer everything including the directory structure. You can do it with the CD burner powertoy that is for Windows.

You should at least make some reference to your vehicle radio in your original post so that this thread at least appears as though it should be in the Mustang talk section instead of an off topic section somewhere.;)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oops! It's the factory Shaker 500. BTW: I pressed the Menu button for 5 seconds to turn RDS "on", but it just shows "RDS off" and doesn't change to 'on'....what am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Success! I downloaded Realplayer. It organized my songs by album/artist. Worked like a charm in the Shaker.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Isn't it like $80??

·
Registered
767 Posts
You can go buy a new burner for like $20 bucks ( CD, not DVD ) and it will most likely be bundled with it.

S

·
0 Posts
Oops! It's the factory Shaker 500. BTW: I pressed the Menu button for 5 seconds to turn RDS "on", but it just shows "RDS off" and doesn't change to 'on'....what am I doing wrong?

You have to turn that feature on by hitting arrow up or down once you've held the menu button for 5 seconds. Holding the menu button just gets you to that optioin.

Glad you got your issue resolved!

·
Registered
914 Posts
One more vouch for just burning a data disc - that is the best way - the software I bought to make discs with was a pain in the ass and did not work very well anyway. When I just used the "copy" function in Windows to burn a plain data CD, the result was much better.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I agree data disc is the best way to go. I do that using Sonic software to burn my mp3 cds. Beware that the Shaker will only recognize the first 99 folders and the first 255 songs in each folder...no matter if you have more than that in each folder or if your disc still has substantial space left to hold more music.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I agree data disc is the best way to go. I do that using Sonic software to burn my mp3 cds. Beware that the Shaker will only recognize the first 99 folders and the first 255 songs in each folder...no matter if you have more than that in each folder or if your disc still has substantial space left to hold more music.
Jeeze man, that's a lot of music - never got near that, even with burning my entire Metallica collection and the soundtrack from all three Lord of the Rings movies.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Well I'm a music nut...I like to pack as much music on a mp3 cd as i can. My total music collection totals over 14,000 songs so I like to take all that I can with me :D

And to correct what I said earlier, on a mp3 CD...the Shaker will only recognized the first 255 songs, period. So if one folder has 220 songs and another has 60...only the first 35 from folder 2 will be recognized by the radio, which kinda sucks as most aftermarket radios can recognize all songs on a mp3 cd no matter how many are on there.

Oh and Metallica makes up a very good portion of my music collection as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts