Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cant seem to set base idle i unplug IAC and the car idles the same 1k rpm it randomly idles normal then at times it idles high 1.1k or 1.2k i just replaced the IAC today i have checked tps its set at 0.94 i did test it seems fine steady drops n inclines i ran codes got code 33 41 91 and i belive im running rich as eyes hurt yet the self test says im lean ? any place i can start ???

·
Registered
956 Posts

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Well those codes are for the EGR not detected and lean on both banks. Is your egr deleted?

Secondly what is the state of your O2 sensors?

What is your timing?

What is your fp?

·
Registered
35 Posts
i cant seem to set base idle i unplug IAC and the car idles the same 1k rpm it randomly idles normal then at times it idles high 1.1k or 1.2k i just replaced the IAC today i have checked tps its set at 0.94 i did test it seems fine steady drops n inclines i ran codes got code 33 41 91 and i belive im running rich as eyes hurt yet the self test says im lean ? any place i can start ???
This almost begs vacuum leak somewhere. Check your grounds while you're searching for vacuum leaks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you think its a good idea to remove the entire upper intake manifold to verify for vaccum leaks or can someone lead me to all the important vaccum lines so far im aware about the source tree that goes into the brake booster and the ones next to where you put oil in the engine and behind manifold three of those lines not sure under the manifold itself i much rather spend the money i have now on fixing the idle issue over knowing why im running rich bad o2 sensors most likely thanks....yoda.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts