Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last new car I bought was a 1989 Trans AM and I swore I'd never do it again. But...................I drove home a black 2006 GT premium today. The wheels gotta go and it's an automatic ( that was a tough decision ), but I couldn't be more pleased. The other car I considered was a plain Jane red torch GT deluxe with no additional options. It was a tough call as I would be more inclined to mod that car heavily.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
Congrats on the new car Rowdy... I can understand the auto touch decision, but you can do other things... Autos nowadays aren't as bad as they use to be... Again, congrats on the new stang!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
Congrats on the new Mustang. A few years ago I went through the whole "Never a new car again" speech with my wife after we bought an '82 Corvette for $4,000 (30K miles, but needed a bit of work) ot a week later the dealer down the street from work got a few 05 Mustangs. I held out a year to let Ford get the bugs out and pay off my Jeep before getting my 06. I absolutely love my new mustang!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,096 Posts
lol i wish io had enough money not to buy a new car again. lol yea autos, this days shift really nice, and with some help i mean they can be pretty tight for 1/4 mile action. my dads auto version ofhis g35 coupe shifts scary nice with auto... but he has the 6speed. anyhow enjoy the car bro sounds coool
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,579 Posts
Yeah, the new 5 speed auto is hardly a hindrance to performance. Its just not as fun to drive!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
554 Posts
Monkey Boy said:
Yeah, the new 5 speed auto is hardly a hindrance to performance. Its just not as fun to drive!


Dont rain on the guy's parade. Fun is relative. For example, would you rather drive a 5spd 6 cyl that run's close to 15second 1/4 miles or a 2005 Auto GT? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,579 Posts
jasons99gt said:
Dont rain on the guy's parade. Fun is relative. For example, would you rather drive a 5spd 6 cyl that run's close to 15second 1/4 miles or a 2005 Auto GT? :)
The 5 speed 6cyl that runs 15's is paid for!! I'll pick it everytime! :laughlitt

It's not that I wouldn't enjoy an auto V8, but it wouldn't be as fun going around the curvey country roads around my house with the auto. To each his own.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
jasons99gt said:
Dont rain on the guy's parade. Fun is relative. For example, would you rather drive a 5spd 6 cyl that run's close to 15second 1/4 miles or a 2005 Auto GT? :)
I don't know about you, but IMO, automatics are for SUV's, gramdma cars, and minivans. Everything else should be manual-- Especially sports/ muscle cars. The automatic transmission shouldn't even be an option from Ford on mustangs.

Oh yeah, and since I've got myself all worked up, what is up with the sound of the new Mustangs from the factory? I can't even hear 'em! What ever happened to that lovely rumble that the Mustangs came with pre 2005?????
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
warcat said:
I don't know about you, but IMO, automatics are for SUV's, gramdma cars, and minivans. Everything else should be manual-- Especially sports/ muscle cars. The automatic transmission shouldn't even be an option from Ford on mustangs.

Oh yeah, and since I've got myself all worked up, what is up with the sound of the new Mustangs from the factory? I can't even hear 'em! What ever happened to that lovely rumble that the Mustangs came with pre 2005?????
Auto trans Shouldn`t even be an option on the Mustang ! You sound like a complete moron !

Tell that to all the guys Bracket Racing there Mustangs !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
ran260gt said:
Auto trans Shouldn`t even be an option on the Mustang ! You sound like a complete moron !

Tell that to all the guys Bracket Racing there Mustangs !
I don't care about who's racing their automatics anywhere.

All I'm saying is that an automatic transmission takes away from the interactive driving experience all Mustangs, Camaros, Vettes, and other true Amercan muscle cars should have. There's nothing like shifting thru the gears and hearing your engine rumble like only you can make it. Everyone shifts differently which adds to the "uniqueness" of your car. I just think automatics are weak. Why buy an automatic muscle car?
Just my opinion.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
warcat said:
I don't care about who's racing their automatics anywhere.

All I'm saying is that an automatic transmission takes away from the interactive driving experience all Mustangs, Camaros, Vettes, and other true Amercan muscle cars should have. There's nothing like shifting thru the gears and hearing your engine rumble like only you can make it. Everyone shifts differently which adds to the "uniqueness" of your car. I just think automatics are weak. Why buy an automatic muscle car?
Just my opinion.
Its kind of strange that you think Auto Mustangs are weak , when you cant top a stock Auto Mustang`s time in the 1/4 mile !
LOL , Thats what I call "uniqueness"

Hey if shifting thru gears and loud exhaust makes you feel more like a cool guy , so be it !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
ran260gt said:
Its kind of strange that you think Auto Mustangs are weak , when you cant top a stock Auto Mustang`s time in the 1/4 mile !
LOL , Thats what I call "uniqueness"

Hey if shifting thru gears and loud exhaust makes you feel more like a cool guy , so be it !
Touche'.
Good one. I know I'm not a real good driver, but dammit, my car is cool.
Sorry about the post earlier, I was just in a bad mood. All better now, ALL Mustangs are cool!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This car ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ........................... I'm not sorry I bought an automatic. However, I am not sure I want to 'mod' the crap out it and race it. I mean it's nearly loaded with all the options. I am tempted to go back and get the 2006 GT deluxe with the 5 speed even if it is bone dry. That would be the car, I'd put new gears in and mod. I look at them in two different ways. There is no right or wrong, it's all about what you want out of the car. Anyway, the 2006 GT is TIGHT, Ford really did a great job.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Black06 said:
I held out a year to let Ford get the bugs out and pay off my Jeep before getting my 06. I absolutely love my new mustang!
It is sweet, ain't it? I like the black, thats why I got it. Everything blends together nice and smooth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!! Black is very sweet.Where are the pics?
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top