Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about geting SCT Xcalibrator 2, but i dont no how to use one:tongue DO u guys think the ford dealers no how??? And with just the tuner...and NO intake, will i still get around 17 hp?? thankyou:winks

·
Registered
305 Posts
Baginoman said:
Im thinking about geting SCT Xcalibrator 2, but i dont no how to use one:tongue DO u guys think the ford dealers no how??? And with just the tuner...and NO intake, will i still get around 17 hp?? thankyou:winks
Just plug it in and follow the instructions. Yes you will get the hp without the intake. The intake will give another 10 on top tho.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Baginoman said:
The Ford dealers know how but I'm betting real good money they wont tell you..... I just got the SCT XCal 2 myself and its real easy.....Just plug and follow instructions.... make sure to read the 4 page instructions first....

·
Registered
169 Posts
On the XCal2: The instructions will tell you to remove two fuses. They are easy and can be done with the fingers. Also they're in the power box under the hood. Your manual says the numbers.
Then sit, (2005 GT?), in the driver seat and right above your left knee you'll feel a plug. The book says put the key in but NOT on. The hand-held tuner will come to life and instruct you from there when to turn on the key. Scroll to tune #1 or tune #2.
Then enjoy watching while it says 10%...20%...30% etc. Then you can say that you did it and not your friend or uncle.
Next it's filing the ring gaps.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I would also recommend turning the flux capacitor 180 degrees before you put the key in the ignition. This will help the SCT better understand your tune requirements before it goes to the upload mode. After the download, retard the flux capacitor 90 degrees and you are set to go.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Diablosport predator: Plug the predator into aforementioned access port. click performance tunes, agree to the disclaimer, turn the key to 'on' but not cranking the engine, select the tune you want, it will download your factory settings, the tuner more or less directs you from there.

I'm curious if that fuse thing really makes much of a difference

·
Registered
107 Posts
66stang351 said:
Just plug it in and follow the instructions. Yes you will get the hp without the intake. The intake will give another 10 on top tho.
where do you plug it in at???? in the computer under the hood or somewhere inside the car as if your sitting in the driver seat???

·
Registered
626 Posts
Sit in the driver seat, right below the steering column you will feel a plug. Its on the left. Just feel around, you'll find it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
xxkazp3rxx said:
Sit in the driver seat, right below the steering column you will feel a plug. Its on the left. Just feel around, you'll find it.
thanks! :thumbsup

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
sandyman said:
I would also recommend turning the flux capacitor 180 degrees before you put the key in the ignition. This will help the SCT better understand your tune requirements before it goes to the upload mode. After the download, retard the flux capacitor 90 degrees and you are set to go.
Yeah, I did all that and also did the revision from diablo sports site on my friends pc. When I plugged it back in to put in the revised tune … whoosh, Savannah Samson was sitting next to me :eyebulge: wow, what a ride :naughty

·
Registered
196 Posts
sonny1213 said:
Yeah, I did all that and also did the revision from diablo sports site on my friends pc. When I plugged it back in to put in the revised tune … whoosh, Savannah Samson was sitting next to me :eyebulge: wow, what a ride :naughty
You gonna share or what???????? :tongue

·
Registered
90 Posts
just make sure your muffler bearings are good and your blinker fluid is completely full. otherwise i've heard the XCal2 could blow your engine...

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
sandyman said:
You gonna share or what???????? :tongue
Nooooo Way :kooky: Well, the revised tune via the pc from diablosport seemed to perk up the car a bit. The throttle lag seems to be much better, but I had to back down the idle 1k. It's just right now. The car screams when you step on it hard. I'm impressed and don't need anymore mods right away.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts