Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cars are usually past due on a good wash/wax. Last 2 cars were white so not going there. Love the rims and carbon interior.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
The Less of the 2 Evils would be the Red Candy IMO, since black will show all the dirt.
But then again 1 you didn't even mention is Grabber Blue, drive it all week in the rain and from 50 feet still looks clean.
Now time to go clean up the car, even though it is raining, I love having a Garage :laugh:

M

·
0 Posts
I have no idea which color would be best for a filthy car.... :D

I know people fall either way with this, but I agree with Dennis! :winks :bigthumbsup

It's pride in ownership :yup:... or at the very least bring it to the car wash... :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I have a black truck. Get the red.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Currently I have a gray car and you can't see the dirt unless you are right up on it, however I wash my car at least every other week.

With that said I would not go with black since it is the worst with showing dirt. The sterling gray would be an excellent choice. Ingot silver and maybe the red candy would be a good choice.

Personally, I would just wash the car more and get the color you really want or take it to a car wash to keep it relatively clean.

·
Registered
927 Posts
No color looks good on a nice car if its dirty..

Its like, every time I see someone driving a newer Vette , and its dirty, I think, why bother...Drive something cheap and run it into the ground

If a person spends good money on a car, using a car wash is a small investment on a regular basis so the car does not lose its value..

:nono:

·
Registered
175 Posts
To me black is the best, even when dirty

·
Registered
379 Posts
Black is easy to keep clean, I second that motion. Dirt has a hard time hiding. When I was younger, I swore I'd never buy another black car and I've stuck to it.......... I bought 2 of them.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Don't get black. I wash and waxed my BLACK GT and even before I was done waxing it I saw dirt (pollen, etc) that fell on it while I was waxing it.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Don't let these people push you around

I am 63 yo. At this age, I don't have the money, the care, or the energy to keep my car clean.

My car is a silver color. Works pretty well with some dirt on it. Doesn't show much.

Black can look nasty when dirty, but why not just pick the color which pleases you most....when the car is new and clean. You're the one who walks up to it every day. What, of all the available colors is going to make you feel good and maybe even smile when you walk up to your car ? That's the color to pick.

And just where are you in relation to your car most of the time. You are inside it, looking out. Keep the inside of the windshield clean, wash the outside of it with the washers and wipers...that's all that should really count to you.

Personally, I now pride myself in keeping my car somewhat dirty most of the time. Proves to people I'm not anal. Maybe even makes me look wealthier than I am because I don't have to care about looks if I don't want to do so.:smoke:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I own three cars and all of them sport a nice sheen of Oklahoma red clay. I gave up trying to keep them clean years ago. The still run fine and are fun to drive.

·
Banned
886 Posts
Had a Black showcar 18 feet long & chrome everywhere.The Black looks amazing when it's finally clean but have a duster handy!

Here is a pic by the way i sold this car to buy the Mustang 5.0!

Attachments

·
Registered
648 Posts
I think I can remember washing a car once, not sure when that was but I am sure I've done it. Not sure why I would have though, it would just drive me nuts trying to keep a car clean.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.