Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I just picked up my 2011 5.0 last friday and i already feel left out of them BREMBO PACK group !

I had no clue it came with THAT much stuff and my local dealer had no BP 5.0's on the lot to look at :( I have inquired if i can add it to my car at the dealership for the same price as factory. I doubt it but i will find out tomorrow.

Now on the upsetting part.

I love the 5.0 BUT It's been a scratch nightmare !
First of all, it's got like million swirls and it's brand new ! Ok, got it needs a good wax job.
Also got about 30 little clearcoat scratches that dealership swore to take away with rubbing compund ! Ok, tracking on that as well..

Today i came home from training and it happened that the light reflected off the gauge cluster and here we go again 2 !!! more scratches on the gauge cluster "window" plastic ! Seriously how the hell do you scratch that ?!

So that's my rant !

·
Registered
136 Posts
You aren't gonna be able to add it for what the package costs, if at all. Wheels, stiffer springs, sway bars..and the kicker, 're-tuned' ECU for 'performance' traction control(it's pretty cool for the street..lets' you get 45 degrees or more before it kicks in) and throttle response(this is what I know about...may be more). The part that makes me believe you won't be able to get it done is the 'performance' programming. I doubt Ford sells a patch to install in your ECU. FLipside is the aftermarket can set you up with better pieces than what comes in the package, and pretty much everything but the trac control programming. It's more fun with it off anyway.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aftermarket is always great BUT i don't even know what brands should i looks at ?

My other car is a highly modded scion tc the one in my signature. Knowing good brands like wilwood for exapmple well just the fronts will run around $1500 bucks.
So aftermarket will be equal or better than brembo package but will also be much more expensive.

·
Registered
24 Posts
check out baer kits. cheaper than the brembo kits and you arent stuck buying gt500 compatable wheels only.

for me locally(alberta, Canada) I know that wmsracing.com did their car that way. it gets road raced even.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks !

well i just ordered my first mods !

Roush CAI for $199 and Roush axle-back exhaust with square tips and valance for $336 from Jegs !

I hope it actually does come with the valance because i wanted oval tips but found this deal to be cheaper then the oval ones so why not ? If it's for real i will have Roush valance AND exhaust for less then just the exhaust at most places !

In the future i will get the tuner and custom tune the car for this combo and hopefully get around 40WHP out of it ? what do you think guys ?

Why is Steeda intake so expensive ? They clail something like 44WHP gain and Roush only claims 8 but i think steeda's calculations are different.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
the roush cai is nothing more than just a cone filter. i dont know if it comes with the maf housing or not. if i were you i would get another cai. and to really take avantage of it you will need a tune. and the axle back gives no hp.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I think you're being generous by saying a tune and intake will give you anything more than a 30-35hp gain. The axle backs will add literally nothing. A cat back will add a couple ponies.

For 40hp you're going to need a good CAI (Steeda/JLT/Airaid), a good tune (Bama/Lund), and an off-road mid-pipe.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Those scratches are from the dealer using non microfiber towels when they dried it . Use nothing but microfiber for washing and drying .
How did you get the Roush AB's so cheap ? They're alot more on their web site .

·
Registered
162 Posts
When I got my 5.0 delivered I had my son with me. He is a picky son of a gun. We were sitting in the car before leaving the dealer and he noticed scratches in the radio panel and then the gauge cluster. We got the salesman and showed him. It had 6 miles on it. The dealer replaced all the plastic bezels the next week ....NO CHARGE with an appology for the inconvience.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Wax won't take those scratches out . They have to be buffed out with a micro fine compound . You can hide them with a glaze but they'll still be there after a couple of washes .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey guys!

I just picked up my 2011 5.0 last friday and i already feel left out of them BREMBO PACK group !

I had no clue it came with THAT much stuff and my local dealer had no BP 5.0's on the lot to look at :( I have inquired if i can add it to my car at the dealership for the same price as factory. I doubt it but i will find out tomorrow.
I asked a few dealers if there was any difference beyond the brakes and wheels and they kept telling me no so I went with a GT/CS. Oh well, I love my car and once I get started modifying the car it won't matter.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thanks !

well i just ordered my first mods !

Roush CAI for $199 and Roush axle-back exhaust with square tips and valance for $336 from Jegs !

I hope it actually does come with the valance because i wanted oval tips but found this deal to be cheaper then the oval ones so why not ? If it's for real i will have Roush valance AND exhaust for less then just the exhaust at most places !

In the future i will get the tuner and custom tune the car for this combo and hopefully get around 40WHP out of it ? what do you think guys ?

Why is Steeda intake so expensive ? They clail something like 44WHP gain and Roush only claims 8 but i think steeda's calculations are different.
Have a link for the Roush+square tips at Jegs? I can't find it.

Steeda's CAI requires a tune due to larger meter size, Roush doesn't. So basically the tune+CAI give you 44rwhp. There will only be a small difference in power between the Steeda CAI and Roush.

the roush cai is nothing more than just a cone filter. i dont know if it comes with the maf housing or not. if i were you i would get another cai. and to really take avantage of it you will need a tune. and the axle back gives no hp.
It's a new maf housing+cone+sealed box looking at the site.

Honestly even the Steeda CAI only made 10 more rwhp over the STOCK panel filter on a full exhaust+tune car as Brenspeed showed in their tests. I wouldn't stress the difference between it and the Roush, especially since he doesn't have a tune yet.

·
Registered
291 Posts
just get the brakes...

gt500 takeoffs...

the rest is not much of a difference.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the feedback guys !

Here is a link for the parts i found !
Roush Performance 421155 Roush Performance Exhausts

BUT here is the issue.
I called Jegs to confirm that the order went throught and i asked whats included. The guy on the phone pretty much told me that they made the typo and its only the exhaust with square tips. I asked them to upgrade me to round tips exhaust since square will not fit with stock valance and they tried to sell me round tips for pretty much an MSRP and i was like no.

They said they will ship me square tips exhaust which will come without the valance.

Do you guys think i should get the square tips for that steal of a prince and just get rear valance somewhere else and install it all since valance i believe does not need to be painted to match the car as stock valance is just black ?

Just would like to hear some opinions about that situation :?:

I was also thinking alot today about what to do with my tC since i'm returning to NYC next year and i do not need 2 sports cars with 400HP.
my 5.0 is a better platform then my tC. Yes my tC is pretty much done just few things to tune and its a G and a sleeper.

Stang is RWD, 400HP stock and 2011 instead of 2007. I think i will start parting out my tC slowly but surely which makes me sad because i have ALOT of high end parts which i bought for excellent prices. Wilwood, SSR, Advan, Stance etc..i will be very sad letting everything go and some of those parts never even made it on the car yet. Like my SSR type F's for example which i purchased as my summer and track wheels. Yeah but i guess i have to make a choice.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Wax won't take those scratches out . They have to be buffed out with a micro fine compound . You can hide them with a glaze but they'll still be there after a couple of washes .
Careful for the cheap "this is my business this month" type person who swears he can take your spiderwebbing out. If you aren't specificlaly there whatching the process they will just fill in the issues, and like the poster said, they will all just come back afte it washes out.

They need to clearn the whole thing off, take a mm off the car or as bad as your swirles are, then rebuild from there. It is a long day process to do it right. And if they don't have the car in a garage with lights shining on it at all angles to check for extra swirling then they aren't doing it right. You'll get out in the direct sun someday and be SHOCKED by how much is there. That's why they want you to pick it up in the evening, while the sun is down. All black cars look good then afte they've been simply filled in and buffed up once. They have to remove the previous wax and not just keep putting wax on was.

anyways, /end rant.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback guys !

Here is a link for the parts i found !
Roush Performance 421155 Roush Performance Exhausts

BUT here is the issue.
I called Jegs to confirm that the order went throught and i asked whats included. The guy on the phone pretty much told me that they made the typo and its only the exhaust with square tips. I asked them to upgrade me to round tips exhaust since square will not fit with stock valance and they tried to sell me round tips for pretty much an MSRP and i was like no.

They said they will ship me square tips exhaust which will come without the valance.

Do you guys think i should get the square tips for that steal of a prince and just get rear valance somewhere else and install it all since valance i believe does not need to be painted to match the car as stock valance is just black ?

Just would like to hear some opinions about that situation :?:

I was also thinking alot today about what to do with my tC since i'm returning to NYC next year and i do not need 2 sports cars with 400HP.
my 5.0 is a better platform then my tC. Yes my tC is pretty much done just few things to tune and its a G and a sleeper.

Stang is RWD, 400HP stock and 2011 instead of 2007. I think i will start parting out my tC slowly but surely which makes me sad because i have ALOT of high end parts which i bought for excellent prices. Wilwood, SSR, Advan, Stance etc..i will be very sad letting everything go and some of those parts never even made it on the car yet. Like my SSR type F's for example which i purchased as my summer and track wheels. Yeah but i guess i have to make a choice.
421155 IS the Square exhaust+valance. :bigthumbsup

That part number is straight from Roush.

ROUSH Performance: 2011-2012 Mustang Exhaust with Square Tips and Rear Valance (5.0L V8)

That is a really good price.

The valance does not need to be painted(just like your stock one isn't painted).

If they are doing something shadey with the part number and you do need the valance, it isn't very expensive. Here is the link.

http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=1205

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well i just called Jegs and they told me that my ordered is cancelled at my request.

i asked them and they said the item is drop shipped. So i think i might get lucky and actually recieve the exhaust and valance. Once i get the refund from Jegs on my paypal i will reorder it and see what happens.

P.S. Another rant.
Today i pretty much 100% decided to keep my mustang for at least couple years and start parting out my tC.
I'm so sad because i have to let go my Advan wheels, My SSR's, my Wilwood brakes, my turbo etc.. It took effort to make that car a wild animal but FWD is a problem and that's one of the main reasons why i think it's time to let it go...

now the part out begin step by step i'm going to start with SSR wheels, Stance coilovers and Advan wheels.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Justice4all: I definately will let you guys knwo what i will recieve. I'm curious about it myself. So as soon as i get the money back from Jegs i'm going to reorder and customer service operator said it will probably take a week for the exhaust to come in because it's drop shipped from Roush.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
When ordering a new car, rule #1 is to never let the dealership wax the car. Most dealers wax before the customer gets but they usually do much more harm than good.

Example: when I ordered mine, I specifically requested to NOT wax the car and they obliged. The paint was scratch/swirl free.

Also, the roush CAI is a joke. Get the air raid or C&L which come with internal restricters that allow you to run them with the stock ECU tune and remove the restricters once you load a tune.

My suggestion if you're worried about the appearance of the car would be to stop spending money on mods and buy some good car care equipment.

- Orbital random buffer (porter cable, griot's, etc)
- various polishing/buffing pads (cobra make great ones)
- Claybar and clay bar spray
- Lots of microfiber towels (again, cobra makes excellent ones)
- some good machine polish to eliminate swirls/scratches (griots has a 4 stage polish that I love that works wonders with a buffer)
- good wax or acrylic sealant (I'm using the Werkstat acrylic jett trigger and like it better than my griot's best of show wax)

If you do want to mod though, I would personally suggest getting the JLT oil catch can (the rest are proven junk). Mine has caught in less than 3000 miles of driving about half a baby food jar worth of oil from blowing into the intake.

And (if you got the manual transmission) either the Joe heck racing or barton shifter mounting bracket that secures the shifter assembly under the car. The stock shifter for me is fine but the better bracket made a world of difference in shifting.

IMO, those are 2 "must have" first mods.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts