Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so....I've been having HORRIBLE MPG, running like crap and no power.

I have the Eddy Performer RPM and bought an 1 in intake spacer about a year ago, they sent hardware and what not...normal.

okay so...yesterday I pulled off the upper intake(I'm going to do valve adj and replace all intake/TB/EGR gaskets) and I pulled off the plenum cover. After using about a can of carb spray and scrubbing with a tooth brush I got all the grease and gunk out of the intake. I seen a little hole in the middle of the intake...I looked under and it was a hole for a bolt/stud....I NEVER had that center/driver side part of the intake secure!

That is what I think my MAIN problem is...I never knew that there was a spot in there to tighten it down!

SO.....:bounce2: hopefully this will make a difference. I'm taking the spacer out too so with the shorter intake runners...I can see better HP, yes?

·
Registered
45,992 Posts
I'd say an open hole like that could be your problem. :yelwacko: :rollgrin:

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I always thought you got better low end torque with a longer runner...

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
woo hoo! Im right! :heha:

·
Registered
636 Posts
shorter runner = better top end.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the valve adj and replacing all gaskets went well....a little trouble but got it all straightened out. Its untuned right now (TPS, Fuel pressure, Timing, etc) and it pulls harder than it ever did:kooky:

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Take it to the track again so we can see the improvement

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah for sure! I'm going to hopefully get to do that soon.

In about an hr I'm going to trade my old covers (tall motorsport) for a 70mm Cobra MAF straight across. I have the X3Z cobra comp and 24#ers and I think that MAF might get me all calibrated even better. We'll see though. You think it'll make a diff over my 76mm C&L?

Oh and last night after I got everything all assembled I adjusted my clutch. Ever since that there has been a weird whining noise after about 30 sec of turning the car on. I'm not sure what it is. What is throwing me off is when I turn the car off...the noise will last and fizzle out for about 2-5 sec.

I think it may have something to do with vacuum...that only makes sense to me.

Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok that MAF made a huge difference...

I used to have cold idle issues but not no more.

Runs smoother and has more power. :heha:This new power is exciting!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.