Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1970 Mustang Grande Partial restored with some new parts in box headliner carpet and a few other interior parts. running 351w I have not seen the vehicle yet in person but have a couple of pics, the guy wants $3500 for all. My dad used to own a 1969 but I always liked the little vents better LOL If I pick this up I will certainly have questions for my restore. Any advice?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
1970 Mustang Grande Partial restored with some new parts in box headliner carpet and a few other interior parts. running 351w I have not seen the vehicle yet in person but have a couple of pics, the guy wants $3500 for all. My dad used to own a 1969 but I always liked the little vents better LOL If I pick this up I will certainly have questions for my restore. Any advice?
OK. What do you know about any rust? What do you know about the rest of the drive-train?
Do you plan to sub out the body work? How handy are you?
You need to see it in person, if possible. Otherwise, you need a lot of pics.
The $3500 may not be a bad number, but, it depends on a lot more detail.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK. What do you know about any rust? What do you know about the rest of the drive-train?
Do you plan to sub out the body work? How handy are you?
You need to see it in person, if possible. Otherwise, you need a lot of pics.
The $3500 may not be a bad number, but, it depends on a lot more detail.

I'll be looking for rust and was planning to crawl under neath to check out the cowls as my dad's had issues in that area and the floor panels too. So I'll be keeping close watch for rust issues. As for the body work already done, I had planned to check it out thoroughly for any signs of a bad job and make sure it was done well. As yet, I'm unaware of the condition or gearing until I get there and see it. As for handy, well, LOL I can hold my own, my verbage might not be acturate on some specifics but I can capable no doubt in most any area from painting to electronics and all in between. I'm not very good at rebiulding trannys though ugh. He actually listed the car as 3500 OBO so I think some wiggle room for neg. :yelpleased:

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I'm just rainbow flag flying GAY for the fastback 69-70 cars. The Grande doesn't do anything for me but to each his own.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
agreed to a point

I'm just rainbow flag flying GAY for the fastback 69-70 cars. The Grande doesn't do anything for me but to each his own.

I can say I would prefer a mach 1 by far, but figured since my dad had a 69 grande and it does have some appearance of muscle LOL. Of coarse nothing like the muscle look of the mach 1 for sure.
Thx for the input:bigthumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts