Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the real reason why FORD code named the new 5.0 Coyote? I hope it's not as mundane as how the BOSS 302 came about!

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind I finally found out why and it is as mundane as the BOSS 302. For those that don't know the group of engineers assigned to the new 5.0 held a contest for code names and they picked coyote because the first 4 valve Ford motor was in AJ Foyt's Coyote indycar back in the day.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Interesting fact about coyotes. Did you know that they only run on four legs and never every run on two to save energy?

Just funnin' with ya. :D

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That reminds me of when the late Dale Earnhardt Sr. lost the Daytona 500 because he hit a sea gull!

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That picture /\ is gonna make me sick....

Here's the Indy Coyote engine...
Actually it was the chassis/car that was called Coyote. I'm not sure FORD had a name for the motor. Back in the day if FORD did call the motor Coyote it came from being put into the Coyote chassis.

G

·
0 Posts
Actually it was the chassis/car that was called Coyote. I'm not sure FORD had a name for the motor. Back in the day if FORD did call the motor Coyote it came from being put into the Coyote chassis.
Learn something new everyday.

But the engine is still cool though!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Wow. I grew up idolizing AJ. Kind of neat to know my red roadster is paying homage to the old Coyote. Makes me want to slap a "14" on the side.

Very, very cool.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.