Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well let me stary by saying got my rims black bullits, 18 inch they are a big difference from 17 inch and they look sick i think 20's would of been too much. Already got 1 compliment from a stranger. Ok so i posted up my rims and tires for sale on craigs list and have two people that want to buy them for $700 they say they want to use company's check and he will send a mover to pick up rims once i cash the check is this ok? Also do i have to recalbirate for 18 inch rims? Also got my checking account balance and never withdrew when i bought the hood but shows thing's i bought after the hood like the rims, I got a confimation e mail from cruzin concepts though when i bought them so im confused.

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
a tuner will recalibrate teh rims

if they wann use a company check, tell tehm to write it to them and give you cash!

this is a commonm scam

abnd if someone writes you a check for more than asking price and tells you to just write a refund check dont do it!

on craigs list id use paypal or cash only!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought only 20's had be recalbirated? so only take cash? Iw i will tell them that.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Tell HIM to cash the check. then send the cash. And DONT NOT, NEVER EVER, NO MATTER what accept or offer wire transffers. My dad had the boat up for sale some one offered to wire cash so he opened a separate account put in $1 and check back the next day to find the guy took the dollar and ran. ANd yes you would hace to recalibate for a new rim size.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so how do you do that on the tuner?

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
find out how many revolutions per mile the tire makes by measureing and caluclateing, or simply calling the store you got em at they have the number in a book.

go to program car

custom program ( or stradegy ) what ever you use

Adjust saved options

then scroll down to tire revs per mile

then set it to the closest number.

save, then let it retune the car

·
Registered
558 Posts
have to agree with 05 horse on everything, first off there are plenty of scammers on craigslist, second when it comes to recalibrating for the new rim size i personally never did it. :shigrin i was with 20x10 in the back and 20x8 in the front and when i drove with my gps it clocks my speed. it said i was only 2 mph off so i was like oh well:hihi: i dont think it makes that much of a difference if you dont get it recalibrated compared to something like gears which will throw you off ten-15mph.

·
Banned
9,216 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im just sayin cash only. Also about the rims i will fix that this afternoon. So do you guys think my hood is on the way or not?

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
It's a scam, ignore it.
What size tire is on your new wheels?
You recalibrate for tire size, not wheel size.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.