·
Registered
454 Posts
Good thing it wasn't in your sidewall.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the road hazard warranty, would have covered 100%. just the waiting to recieve a new tire woulda sucked,

·
Registered
914 Posts
ahh, don't feel so bad - my poor office manager had a flat on Monday and then another one on Thursday (different tire) - oh, on Monday her ex passed away - not so painful for her but he was the father of her son so it's still been a hell of a week for the poor woman.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ooo, that is a crappy week.

Mine wasnt leaking until i pulled on the screw, flats suck, I can only imagine being on the road and having to use the ford supplied jack and stuff.
Road hazard warranty can be your best friend. and yes, you can get it on a new car, just go to a local goodyear shop.
Granted I repaired it myself at no cost, come time when its not repairable Ill be thankful.

·
Registered
886 Posts
remember that, theoretically, any repair on a tire reduces it's speed rating. try not to think about that next time you hit fifth at triple digit speeds!:winks

·
Registered
914 Posts
you're right about the repairs - she has ZR rated tires on her BMW as well and they would only replace it, they would not repair the tires because of the rating.

I almost got one a while back but I could hear the ticking sound just as I started to leave home so I pulled over and there it was between the treads, but not driven on enough yet to push it in - whew!

I have only had to make a road side change once a while back - of course during one of the worst rain and thunderstorms we have ever had - and at 11:00 PM, on a freeway, while my girlfriend was waiting for me to pick her up from work! :doh:

good times...

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
jiobao said:
I have only had to make a road side change once a while back - of course during one of the worst rain and thunderstorms we have ever had - and at 11:00 PM, on a freeway, while my girlfriend was waiting for me to pick her up from work
Mine was a blowout on a bridge :) Brake pad, from the roadway, went through the sidewall. It was still in the tire, when I brought it to Firestone.

On the bridge, there was *just* enough room to squeeze my body between the onrushing cars and the side of the Bronco, to turn the four-way lug wrench. What a relief to get that done!

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2 repairs will drop a speed rating. It all depends on who you talk to. Im not to worried, I dont do to many high speed runs in the snow tires. Plus it would need to be a sustained speed which just doesnt happen around here. :sosad:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I got both drivers side front and rear at the same time one night leaving Boston in a tunnel. I couldn't believe it. It was a 1975 transam and I had two spares in the trunk. I had diff. size on front and back.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ive got two new tires on my stang... I ran over a razor blade and they had to replace the tire for free.

Then three weeks later I ran over a roofing nail in a different tire and the kid at discount tire messed up patching it and they had to give me a second tire... lol

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
You know that only happens when things are new don't you?? I bought new tires for my wife's car, a week later it picket up a nail. I got a rock chip on my Stang windsheild when it was only a couple weeks old :weeps
Of course I never had a flat and the windshield is in perfect condition on my 97 pickup :laughlitt

·
Registered
265 Posts
Tough break on the tire.... I was pulling a boat last year and the tire on the trailer gave out at 80. Nearly put me and the crew in a ditch, the spare gave out about 2 days later.... PS. trailer tires are expensive.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mustangaretuff said:
Tough break on the tire.... I was pulling a boat last year and the tire on the trailer gave out at 80. Nearly put me and the crew in a ditch, the spare gave out about 2 days later.... PS. trailer tires are expensive.
That can be scary on a trailer thats for sure. Glad everyone was ok. And yes they are expensive. Do to the fact they have extra plys in the tire like a light truck tire.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Got one of those myslef a couple months ago. Couldn't figure out why every couple weeks my tie pressure would go down to 15 psi. Then when i did my 5k tire rotation i found the nail.

·
Registered
361 Posts
pcfrisch said:
You know that only happens when things are new don't you?? I bought new tires for my wife's car, a week later it picket up a nail. I got a rock chip on my Stang windsheild when it was only a couple weeks old :weeps
Of course I never had a flat and the windshield is in perfect condition on my 97 pickup :laughlitt
Ain't that the truth (about new!). Put new BFG's (32x11.50) on my 99 F150 (about $150 per)...2 days later, I ran over the edge of the drainage pipe in my boyfriend's driveway. :doh: Put a nice inch long slice on the inside of the front tire. Not too deep, thankfully! We swapped the front with the rear just in case, though!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts