Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
but it's not a bad thing...lol.

It's been a while; quite a while in fact, and I have come to realize that I have not posted here at AFM for quite awhile.

This past spring, I finally got my car on the road...it was a pretty cool experience, with me doing most of the work myself. I still have a few issues to sort out, and a few parts yet to make it on; but overall, I am thrilled with what I have been able to create.

Here is a quick run down of what was done:

Rebuilt stock block
Wire tuck and painted engine bay
KB 2.1 Flowzilla - 10psi
TFTW heads, rockers
Snow Stage 2 meth kit
Relocated Battery
MSD dizzy, Digital 6 and coil
GMS k member, control arms and coilover kit
Vert motor mounts
Custom 4" intake
Taylor battery relocation kit
Phantom series gauges - Boost, Water Temp and Oil Press
Home paint job on two new fenders, donor hood and original bumper cover...needs a good wet sand and polish though...otherwise, looks great.

Results...382 rwhp and 407rtrq...and 5 weeks full of fun, laughter, spirited racing and a tonne of silly smiles.

I'm not quite finished...still have a few more parts to go on:

MM CC Plates
MM bumpsteer kit - old one got trashed in accident
Trickflow Stage 1 cam
BBK ceramic coated equal shorties
New gauge pod with 5" phantom tach
Pulley for 13psi
New silicone hoses
130 amp alternator

Eventually, I would like to build a dart/boss based stroker and have the intake and heads port matched, but for now, I'm hoping to bump into the 400 rwhp range with the addition of a new pulley and cam.

I realize that the engine bay, although wires are mainly hidden and recently painted, that I still need to do a little more cosmetic work...

The KB AC bracket needs to be cut and powdercoated...I'll be coating my master cylinder, etc.

I'm not a 'show car' guy, but I am proud of what I have done and want to show it off....alot.

Thanks guys.

Peter

Attachments

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
looks real good Peter. and you have a sleeper look going with that LX.
I haven't seen a SC setup like you have on your 89. and it all looks pretty clean.
have fun with that torque.

·
Registered
41,826 Posts
Peter I to think it looks pretty darn good. Now go and have fun with her.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Looks great---clean, simple engine bay. The KB supercharger says it all.
and + 1 on sleepers !

·
Banned
3,705 Posts
:bigthumbsup Looks good, dude!!!

I agree with the sleeper comment. I'm guessing the sound gives it away though. I like the LX body style. Keep it up...

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Man that's a heck of a build up you've got so far. Looks good.

I just looked at the dyno sheet, I think that Trick Flow cam will do you right.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
the blower looks like OEM equipment :)

great looking engine bay!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys...yeah, I have been contemplating a new hood...something that can help relieve some of the heat in the engine bay, but I love the fact that at a light, and without having any 5.0 badging on it, people tend to think I am easy pickens. But I love the fact that I have a 'sleeper' and because I'm not overly picky with small imperfections, after all, I've done it all on my own, it tends to legitimize the whole sleeper thing...right down to my plate - 1SLYFOX

The KB itself does have a pretty loud whine to it under load...and a slight whistle at idle. Nothing like a cobra pushing >15psi or anything, but enough that people are startled once I lay into it.

I'm hoping the TF Cam will push me over 400; not that I'm not happy with 382, but saying 400 sounds a little better. I have no doubts that the new cam, along with another 3psi will easily clear this mark...it may sound funny to some, but I hope my torque doesn't increase to badly...400 lt pounds under 3,000 rpms with 3.73's is a challenge at best.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^^yeah, we were born on the best day of the year. Thanks for the compliment on the fox...I am eagerly awaiting the spring so I can finish the beast off and have some fun autocrossing and random trips to the 1/4 mile track.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts