Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well for a very long time I was one of those Stang purist who never gave the II's a chance. Well I'm older, and maybe wiser (depending on if you ask my wife ;) ) and now and looking to pick up a 78 with a lightly modded 302. I know the aftermarket hasn't been too kind to these cars so am looking for some advice for if/when I pick this bad boy up. I read somewhere that with a little modification the foxbody GT side skirts can be put on these? I do think it needs something on the rockers to fill that out more so any other suggestions would be nice.

sent from somewhere...

·
Registered
730 Posts
The rockers don't sit that far off the ground. I'm thin and I can crawl under it. it's got the 302 so mods are easy to find. Manual tranny isn't going to hold much power or so i'm told.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah its a 4 speed. Will see about upgrading to a 5 speed down the line. As far as the rocker panels. There's not any around here so am going off pics. It could just not photo well.

sent from somewhere...

·
Registered
292 Posts
You should check out the II's at forgottenpony.com Tony and his crew have built some very nice II's. one that he just finnished has rocker covers with side exit exaust.

·
Registered
337 Posts
You should check out the II's at forgottenpony.com Tony and his crew have built some very nice II's. one that he just finnished has rocker covers with side exit exaust.
Who ever said anything about it being finished?:nogrinner

It finally got the E-brake connected today, retorqued a bunch of stuff, and "clearanced" a couple of spots where the tires were getting a bit frisky with the inner wheelwells. That still leaves the spindles to swap (the 2" droppers require the coilovers to be maxxed out to maintain any ride height/tire clearance) and possibly a set of rear coilovers to stiffen the rear without raking the snot out of it.

And that's just the plans up until last Monday.....:grinroll:

I believe the side panels were modified from the fiberglass 60's stuff, and some fox ones will fit if you can shorten and re-bond the urethane...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts