Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im gonna try and make this quick but Im so fed up with going to the FORD Dealer that I wish they never existed!
You guy's know how well I take care of My Mustang, well I noticed the Tineist Little Chip under the Rear Fender (the plastict where the rear wheels throw crap at em) so I went to My Local FOD Dealer to see if I could get a bottle of 1oz Touch up for it just because it Drives me Crazy to see a Chip there.
I went to the Parts Department and told the guy there what I needed, gave him the Year and Pain Code of My Mustang. His Reply was (are you sure you done need a Paint Job, it's a 07) I wanted to Strangle this Butt Head. He then said (Ya know we sell New Mustangs here)
He then told me that they did'nt have the Paint for the (07 Satin Silver Mustang) as there's Not Much call for a 07 in Satin Silver and that he'd have to Special Order it for $10. I was really getting Mad.
I said forget it and I left and went to Auto Zone that was across the street, No Paint there either in My Color, No Pain either at My Local Car Parts Store, went home and called back the FORD Dealer.
Got the same Guy I talked to earlier and told him who I was and what I wanted to order, his reply (oh your the Guy with the Old 07 Mustang who needs Paint!) I wanted to Kill him again..........on hold..........5 minutes later he came back and said he found some but it was a 120 miles away Ha Ha and it would be there in a week. I ordered it and then said dont you need My Phone Number so you can call me when it gets there??? he said No I already have it, it's on my Caller ID so I know who you are in case you dont come in to PAY FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!
This just makes Me want to go and Buy another FORD Mustang from a Dealer! Is it just Me or does anyone else have the same experiences from there Dealer?

·
Registered
531 Posts
dealers are stupid. they tried charging me $700 for a fix i did myself. and it took 5 mins lol. i had to clean my drain plugs under my hood. they always charge alot. this is why i hate going to the dealer. i feel your pain they always want me to look at the new stangs but i already got my baby :nono:

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
The dealership I bought my stang from is constantly e-mailng me with multiple offers to buy a friggin focus...and how bad they want me to service my car there! Well as long as I can still do my own work on my car I will! No monkey is doing my work! I save tons of money doing it myself and I know its done roght thwe first time! Also not too many silver mustangs out there nowadays, so if it aint silver I'm sorry! Not buying a new one!:nono:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Never had a parts guy try to sell me a car before, lol. I would have just ordered it the first time and been done with the whole affair.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I always hate going to a dealer for anything, but so far the people I’ve encountered at the two local ones have been decent and polite. Special orders have been no problem and are in the next day with no additional charges. Sounds like you just have a very bad dealership near you.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
ive gone to 3 different dealers nearest to here for different reasons, bottom line, they all suck. i also had to order my touch up paint, and the g/f`s vista blue too. gee, lets not stock anything. every time i call for a push pin ect, we dont have it but we can order it if you come in and pre pay. when i "ordered" my owners manual for $25, i went it to pick it up and no zippered cover. " sorry, we cant get those". dealers- :thumbdown

·
Registered
307 Posts
hmm, the guys at my parts department are pretty cool, though I just went there to buy friction modifier.

I'd find another ford dealer if there's one close by.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
The guy you were dealing with is probably pressured to sell cars, so he is going to say just about anything to get you to trade. I would not worry about it. That guy cannot help that he is an a$$%#@^). He forgot the golden rule of salesmanship, treat your customer like royalty. If you really want to get his attention, report him to his supervisor for being a [email protected]#$.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well Im not gonna let it bother me anymore, it just Sucks that someday Im gonna have to go there to have My Tranny Fluid Changed so that's why I did'nt say anything if you know what I mean:winks There is another FORD Dealership but it's about 50 Miles away, it's the one I bought My Mustang from but it's a Pain in the Butt driving there, but at least the Guy's there are Nice. Now mind you I had to drive 50 miles out of Town and support another FORD Dealership because the one Im talking about here would'nt deal with me, so I went to the other one 50 miles away.
Steve, Thank's for the Link on the FORD Paint, I wish I knew about that befor:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
164 Posts
I used to be a chevy guy and I can tell you that I absolutely loved going to my GM dealer. I didn't trust anybody but them. And they always gave me deals on parts and service. I never paid retail for a part and even if I was out of my warranty, they would push it through as warranty so GM would pick up the bill.
But now that I am a Ford guy, I hate the dealership. I have never been treated like such a POS. I bought my Mustang in a different town because it was cheaper, and the local Ford Dealer actually gave me a really hard time because I didn't buy it from him. Now I know not every Ford dealer is like this, but he didn't make a good impression.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
We had

We had a bad Dealership in our area and they closed it.
So far I have been lucky in our area we have allot of Ford dealerships but they are small , family ran buisness.
The dealership above that closed word of mouth got them.
Bad service and shady dealings I say front them out.

T Wayne in Iraq

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
. . . So far I have been lucky in our area we have allot of Ford dealerships but they are small , family ran buisness. . . .
Yeah the small ones seem to be pretty good ; the big ones are usually obnoxious.

I have a small one about 5 miles in one direction, and a big one about 5 miles in the other direction . . . I'd rather deal with the small one, even if they don't have the part in stock, because at least they don't try to BS me about everything like the big one does.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Are all people in NY insane like the OP? I'll stay away if so. Wow! :gringreen

There are bigger issues in the world than a bit of touch up paint. Why get so excited over nothing? I'll never understand I suppose.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Are all people in NY insane like the OP? I'll stay away if so. Wow! :gringreen

There are bigger issues in the world than a bit of touch up paint. Why get so excited over nothing? I'll never understand I suppose.
OP takes care of his car like its an original '67 GT500! I dont blame him for wanting his car to look nice, and to him its everything!

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I went to the Parts Department and told the guy there what I needed, gave him the Year and Pain Code of My Mustang. His Reply was (are you sure you done need a Paint Job, it's a 07) I wanted to Strangle this Butt Head. He then said (Ya know we sell New Mustangs here)
No need to let all his snarky comments get to you. Just throw some smart ass remarks back and have a few laughs at his expense :)

Then ask him for a discount. Got my GT/CS front and rear bumpers that way, haha.

The guy is probably bored. If you give him some crap, it'll probably be just entertainment to him.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
No need to let all his snarky comments get to you. Just throw some smart ass remarks back and have a few laughs at his expense :)

Then ask him for a discount. Got my GT/CS front and rear bumpers that way, haha.

The guy is probably bored. If you give him some crap, it'll probably be just entertainment to him.
I think you're right, as far as on-the-surface elements of the interchange. Something to remember is that there are folks who are so little in control of their lives they need to do and say idiot-like stuff to give themselves the illusion they have some influence on something other than their own fantasies. Smart-Aleck remarks are a way to make sure they actually exist: no angry response, no evidence of their importance.

My Momma taught me: "Don't even ignore their idiocy; no one should be able to control your behavior but you".

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
This reminds me I need to get a bottle of touch up paint for mine, just wonder if the dealership will have it! I have one rock chip on the right corner of my hood right above the headlight that happened 2 weeks after I bought the car, and just recently I opened the drivers side door with my key in my hand and scratched the door handle :banghead: those amazingly are the only blemishes on my car and I have 35,XXX miles on her.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
This reminds me I need to get a bottle of touch up paint for mine, just wonder if the dealership will have it!
I'm not sure many Ford dealers keep it on hand. It's a pretty big stocking/theft issue as there are a lot of different colors that have come out over the years. They had to order mine when I got it. It only took a phone call though, and they had it in the next day.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts