Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was following a new Taurus off I-75 this morning, and out of nowhere an election sign pops up right in front of me! BAM! Dead centered it. It was lying in the middle of the off ramp, and the Taurus' draft kicked it up... never saw it until it was too late. You wouldn't think those signs would do any damage, since they're just flimsy corrugated plastic, but I was lucky enough to nail one of the tines that holds them in the ground. It gouged a chunk out of my bumper cover and left a series of 7" white scuffs as it slid by. That's the 3rd thing that's bashed my front end that I've had no control over. Where the heck can I get a cast iron bumper cover? :so

~HA

·
Registered
901 Posts
I was following a new Taurus off I-75 this morning, and out of nowhere an election sign pops up right in front of me! BAM! Dead centered it. It was lying in the middle of the off ramp, and the Taurus' draft kicked it up... never saw it until it was too late. You wouldn't think those signs would do any damage, since they're just flimsy corrugated plastic, but I was lucky enough to nail one of the tines that holds them in the ground. It gouged a chunk out of my bumper cover and left a series of 7" white scuffs as it slid by. That's the 3rd thing that's bashed my front end that I've had no control over. Where the heck can I get a cast iron bumper cover? :so

~HA
That blows man. I hate that kind of crap. I was driving about a month ago when a full can of soda got shot up into the air from the car ahead me and was headed my way. Luckily it didn't bounce off the ground and I was able to drive it with it just hittin the bottom of my car. I don't know what people are thinking about. We f***ing live here, stop littering! Also, people need to learn how to tie s*** down correctly! Nothing worse then a truck loaded full of stuff and then it spilling all over the freeway. That too happened to me and the SUV ahead of me tried to swerve out of the way and ended up rolling over! It was pretty crazy stuff!

·
Registered
464 Posts
It would seem to me if you have signs that aren't secure and they damage something or get someone hurt that the owner of said sign should be responsible. :?:

·
Registered
167 Posts
I hate the election signs. They make the roadway look trashy - especially when there are 20 of them at an intersection for the same moron. ("Well, I was going to vote for the other guy, but he only had 15 signs on the corner.") I put them in the same "Most Useless..." category as balloons on cars at the dealership. I always make it a point to tell the manager, "Yeah, I wasn't going to stop in until I saw the balloons" and then roll my eyes. Usually gets a sheepish chuckle.

·
Registered
337 Posts
sounds like you're having some horrible luck. you should probably just sell the mustang and get a taurus like the guy in front of you. thats the reason why he missed it. :rollgrin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.