Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I decided I'd better have My Oil Changed so I Called My Buddy who owns a Gargage and made an appointment for today at 2:30. I Change My Oil A-Lot:bigthumbsup 7 times already with Mobil 1 and Im just as 8,890 Miles.
I put on about 300 miles this Spring since I got the Stang out and went past my normal time doing it, even though I have less then 1,000 miles since My last Oil Change.
Here's where it gets UGLY....on the was to the Garage I noticed a LONG line of Cars, Crap, Road Work, I saw the signs but did'nt figure they were tearing up the Rodd and redoing it. Cars were backed up for a mile or more and I saw a (Grooving Machine) comming my way in the other lane, it was throwing dust and Asphalt all over as it tore up the old surface, I just about had a Stroke, now I dont even like Bugs on My Stang and there was No Way I was gonna sit there and let Dust and Stones and Asphalt get thrown into My Baby....I had to think FAST!
I quickly got into the other Lane as the Cars from the other lane that were deverted into our Lane were just being allowed to go, I made a Quick left turn and went back the way I came:gringreen
Now I had to drive about 10 miles out of the way to get to My Buddys Garage but I did'nt care, I was'nt gonna let that Grooving Machine go by Me throwing Crap all over My Stang, and then all the other Cars and Trucks could care less, they drive by you and through all the loose stones throwing them into other cars as they go by Fast,,,,,Screw That!
Looks like the Stang is Not gonna go for much Rides untill the work is done. I live in a small Town and that's the only place I usually go for a cruise, now it's all tore up and a mess. I Refuse to Drive through this stuff,,,,,am I alone on this one? My Babys Showroom Condition and I've come too far to let something like this mess it up or put a chip in it.
My next Fear is that they'll Re-Stone My Road, I live in the Country and every so often they put down Tar and then fresh Stone over it, that's Worse, the lose stones have Tar on them and they stick to your Tires and get flung all over your car. Cars drive by and all you hear are the lose stones fyling everywhere and into the Cars. Some people will drive slow through it but others will just fly by you flinging stones all over your car, they just dont care, if this happens My Stang will stay in the garage for ever! or at least untill all the lose stones are gone, probably about 2 weeks......Again, I HATE ROAD WORK!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I hear you, I also hate those damn things. Would've done the same thing.:bigthumbsup

You dont need to change the oil THAT often. lol Once every 3K is good.

Secondly, you should be doing this yourself. It's the easiest thing to do for a car other than giving it gas. Plus you have the satisfaction of doing it yourself. One of the only things I know how to do for myself. Changing the coolant should be easy too. Going to try to do that tomorrow.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear you, I also hate those damn things. Would've done the same thing.:bigthumbsup

You dont need to change the oil THAT often. lol Once every 3K is good.

Secondly, you should be doing this yourself. It's the easiest thing to do for a car other than giving it gas. Plus you have the satisfaction of doing it yourself. One of the only things I know how to do for myself. Changing the coolant should be easy too. Going to try to do that tomorrow.:bigthumbsup
Sorry Chris, I forgot to mention (but I have in the past) that I go to My Buddys Garage because he has a Drive on Lift, I dont like putting My Stang in the Lifts where you put the lift things under your car and on the Frame, I just dont like them, they leave marks:gringreen And I could easiely change the Oil Myself but his Mechanic (Jose) is also a friend of mine and while he changes it we all stand around and BS. I bring my own Oil and Filter and he does'nt charge me for it, they just like looking underneath the Stang to see how Clean it is, they get a Kick out of it:gringreen
Also he keeps the Records of My Stang for me just in case sometime down the Road if I ever do decide to sell I have all the Receipts for Oil Changes and Inspections, and then I can Prove that I do indeed change the Oil every 1,000 miles with Mobil 1, it's not too often either, I drive it all Spring and Summer, I cange it twords Fall just befor I store it, then Change it again soon after I get it out for Spring again, that's not too much:bigthumbsup it's just Perfect:winks

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry Chris, I forgot to mention (but I have in the past) that I go to My Buddys Garage because he has a Drive on Lift, I dont like putting My Stang in the Lifts where you put the lift things under your car and on the Frame, I just dont like them, they leave marks:gringreen And I could easiely change the Oil Myself but his Mechanic (Jose) is also a friend of mine and while he changes it we all stand around and BS. I bring my own Oil and Filter and he does'nt charge me for it, they just like looking underneath the Stang to see how Clean it is, they get a Kick out of it:gringreen
Also he keeps the Records of My Stang for me just in case sometime down the Road if I ever do decide to sell I have all the Receipts for Oil Changes and Inspections, and then I can Prove that I do indeed change the Oil every 1,000 miles with Mobil 1, it's not too often either, I drive it all Spring and Summer, I cange it twords Fall just befor I store it, then Change it again soon after I get it out for Spring again, that's not too much:bigthumbsup it's just Perfect:winks
Oh,,,,if I changed My Oil every 3,000 miles, It would be just about every 2 years, now that's two LONG.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
I have just decided to buy some stock in Mobil 1 :gringreen That chip seal is the worst, rocks everywhere for months which sucks, I guess you will be dreaming about driving and hope they dont chip seal your road.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have just decided to buy some stock in Mobil 1 :gringreen That chip seal is the worst, rocks everywhere for months which sucks, I guess you will be dreaming about driving and hope they dont chip seal your road.
Well I also use Mobil 1 in Both of My F150's (4.9 Straight 6's) Best Motor Ford ever built:bigthumbsup and in the Wifes Car, I change them myself and SAVE the Oil for My Chain Saws:gringreen I do buy 6-5qt Containers of it every year.
So it's Called Chip Seal huh???? I did'nt know that and when I was younger and lived in Fla. I worked on a Paving Crew, we Paved Roads in St.Pete, Clearwater and Tampa,,,,now that's a HOT Job:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steve you had me Confused on who this was untill I saw the Name, what happened to your Old Avatar Pic? I kinda miss the old one:bigthumbsup I thought of changing mine but I figured once your you, then that's who you are. or something like that:yelwacko:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Well I decided I'd better have My Oil Changed so I Called My Buddy who owns a Gargage and made an appointment for today at 2:30. I Change My Oil A-Lot:bigthumbsup 7 times already with Mobil 1 and Im just as 8,890 Miles.
I put on about 300 miles this Spring since I got the Stang out and went past my normal time doing it, even though I have less then 1,000 miles since My last Oil Change.
Here's where it gets UGLY....on the was to the Garage I noticed a LONG line of Cars, Crap, Road Work, I saw the signs but did'nt figure they were tearing up the Rodd and redoing it. Cars were backed up for a mile or more and I saw a (Grooving Machine) comming my way in the other lane, it was throwing dust and Asphalt all over as it tore up the old surface, I just about had a Stroke, now I dont even like Bugs on My Stang and there was No Way I was gonna sit there and let Dust and Stones and Asphalt get thrown into My Baby....I had to think FAST!
I quickly got into the other Lane as the Cars from the other lane that were deverted into our Lane were just being allowed to go, I made a Quick left turn and went back the way I came:gringreen
Now I had to drive about 10 miles out of the way to get to My Buddys Garage but I did'nt care, I was'nt gonna let that Grooving Machine go by Me throwing Crap all over My Stang, and then all the other Cars and Trucks could care less, they drive by you and through all the loose stones throwing them into other cars as they go by Fast,,,,,Screw That!
Looks like the Stang is Not gonna go for much Rides untill the work is done. I live in a small Town and that's the only place I usually go for a cruise, now it's all tore up and a mess. I Refuse to Drive through this stuff,,,,,am I alone on this one? My Babys Showroom Condition and I've come too far to let something like this mess it up or put a chip in it.
My next Fear is that they'll Re-Stone My Road, I live in the Country and every so often they put down Tar and then fresh Stone over it, that's Worse, the lose stones have Tar on them and they stick to your Tires and get flung all over your car. Cars drive by and all you hear are the lose stones fyling everywhere and into the Cars. Some people will drive slow through it but others will just fly by you flinging stones all over your car, they just dont care, if this happens My Stang will stay in the garage for ever! or at least untill all the lose stones are gone, probably about 2 weeks......Again, I HATE ROAD WORK!
If you were any more anal retentive, your boyfriend would never get it in...:kooky::kooky:j.k, I feel ur pain...not the anal, the road work.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Steve you had me Confused on who this was untill I saw the Name, what happened to your Old Avatar Pic? I kinda miss the old one:bigthumbsup I thought of changing mine but I figured once your you, then that's who you are. or something like that:yelwacko:
Ron, No problem, I like changing it up once and a while, I just got this new gas cap emblem and wanted to use for my Avatar for a while :yup:

·
Registered
128 Posts
The part of I-95 I live by recently had a lot of road work done to it. So my friend and I were driving into Savannah (we were in his car) and they had just finished all of the work on the road for the day. I guess they decided to get A CRAP LOAD of gravel and spread it out on the road for people to kick up. You could hear the *dink dink dink* of the gravel hitting the hood and, every-now and then, the windshield. If we were in my stang, I think I would of had a heart attack... :afraid

·
Registered
306 Posts
List of regrets while lying on your death bed.

1 .............
2 .............
3 Wish I had driven my Mustang more often.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts